Has a base of medium brown Virginia flake with a careful measure of latakia and select oriental tobaccos, which complement but do not over power the rich nuttiness of the Virginia.

BrandBuza's
Blended ByMcClelland
ContentsOriental/Turkish, Virginia, Latakia
Packaging50g. tin
Strength
Taste
tony s Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
tony s (1)

I Had a chance the other day to chat with Mr. Buza about this blend at my local Tinderbox. He described it as an english blend that would have been enjoyed during the reign of Queen Victoria, basiclly virginia and latikia. But some how this blend seems so much bigger and complex than that, mind you my tins are close to six years old so prehaps ageing has done some of it's magic. But as Paul told me, he had worked with McClelland's for several years to get the right ballance, and I think they have hit the nail on the head with this mixture. Moisture content is ready to smoke right out of the tin or just a short dry.The smoke is so smooth and creamy and never a hint of bite even with feirce puffing.This Has become one of my new favorites and my everyday smoke. I get mine at The Tinderbox in Mesa, AZ. but I beleive it's available @ pipeshighgrade.com

I don't know if Victoria has now been re-released or not. I do have a small stash of the original with the beautiful and elegant looking lady gracing the label.

This one is very nice and should be very delicious to those who enjoy Latakia without that condiment slapping them in the face. Because the tin I most recently smoked from had been in my 'cellar' for several years, the creamy smoke was smooth as silk thanks to the long in the tooth Virginia leaf. The Orientals add a little spice that will tickle the snout when exhaled through the nostrils.