Mild black & tan Cavendish flavored with peaches & cream.

BrandBrigham Enterprises Inc.
2.0
Old Northern Smoky Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Old Northern Smoky (33)
Very Mild Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Pleasant

Why anyone would want to smoke peaches & cream is totally beyond me. If I want peaches & cream I'll open a packet of Quaker Oat meal. Eating it is one thing, smoking it is quite another. Anyway, having witnessed the pleasant room note whilst my wife smoked this, I thought I would give it a go just so I could write this review.

Typical of Brigham blends, it comes in an unsealed plastic pouch and the baccy is chock full of glycol (see my review on Morning Pleasure..what is said there applies equally here as well).

The tobacco is the same as Morning Pleasure (black and gold cavendish)...just cased differently.

The aroma in the pouch nearly made me heave my supper from the night previous. If there was ever a descriptive phrase for the smell of rotten coconuts, Peaches & Cream fits to a T!

You have to dump this stuff in an open jar and let the glycol abate for quite some time before attempting to stuff it into a pipe and have any hope of keeping it lit.

Heavily cased with peach and coconut essence, there's little room for any tobacco taste and aroma. But when smoked the palate is surrounded by subtle sweet peach which would otherwise be mild to the tongue were it not for a bit of nagging acidity due to the glycol. There's also lots of slurp in the bottom of the bowl.

The room aroma is a pleasant peach with a hint of coconut. If there is one redeeming quality to this blend it is in the fruity room note. Neither my wife nor I will ever buy this stuff again. There are several better blends available in Canada for the same $$.

But if peaches & coconut are your thing, go for it....just be patient and let the glycol dissipate for a week or so before indulging.