A mild blend of Cavendish, Black Cavendish, and Burley blended with coffee and caramel to produce a mild smoke.

BrandBoswell Pipes & Tobacco
ContentsBurley, Cavendish, Black Cavendish
FlavoringCoffee, Caramel
Strength
Taste
2.7
Brown Pipeman 1940 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Brown Pipeman 1940 (40)

The aromatic enthusiast will enjoy this blend, as will anybody in the room who catches a whiff of it. It reminds me a lot of NoBite Delight. There is a flavor of caramel, vanilla, and a slight hint of fruit, although I wouldn't describe it as a cherry flavor. The flavors last through the whole bowl and it smokes great in a corn cob, meerschaum, or briar pipe. I didn't detect any coffee flavoring. And, as with every Boswell blend I have tried, there was no bite to it. I imagine this is not as popular as other Boswell blends because of the similarities it shares with so many of their other tobaccos. I will not be buying it again on account of this, but I do think it is worth a try, especially if you like aromatics.

Capt Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Capt (120)
Very Mild Mild Very Mild Pleasant

After smoking several bowls of this blend, I have tried my hardest to detect the flavoring components of this blend. Sometimes I taste the caramel, but mostly a chocolate flavor comes forward. But never has it produced any coffee notes.

Can burn wet if smoked the day it arrives, but after a week or so in the pouch the moisture can drop considerably. I hate to only offer 2 stars, but I cannot wholeheartedly recommend something that I probably will not purchase again. The Boswell's blend some fine tobaccos, so try the others before this one.

Will pair well with a latte.

mtv Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
mtv (5)

Ribbon cut, easy to load and light. Needs some drying,burns clean. The casing is mild, not overpowering, I didn't pick up coffee or caramel, just a sweetness. Produces a lot of smoke, a nice mild blend for an uncomplicated experience.