Black Cavendish plus light Cavendish specially flavored for the full taste enjoyed by the majority of today's smokers.

Notes: This was an Amar Blends Co. mixture. Cornell and Diehl bought the rights of all their old recipes.

Blended ByAmar Blends Co.
ContentsBlack Cavendish, Cavendish
FlavoringAlcohol / Liquor, Other / Misc
Strength
Taste
Very Pleasant, Pleasant
1.5
Mild Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

The black cavendish offers some brown sugar and dominates the nutty, earthy light burley cavendish. The whiskey topping is the most obvious topping, but I get a little nougat and chocolate as well. The latter two are condiments, and all the toppings sublimate the tobaccos to a fair extent. The strength level is mild while the taste barely passes that mark. Hardly has any nicotine. Won’t bite or get harsh. Burns cool and clean at a reasonable pace with a mostly consistent flavor. Leaves little moisture in the bowl and requires a average number of relights. Has a short lived, sweet after taste. An all day smoke.

Extremely Mild Mild to Medium Extremely Mild (Flat) Very Pleasant

It has been a couple of years since I've posted any C&D blend reviews and I have smoked nearly 100 tins of their various offerings in that time. So, it may be awhile before I get to all of them. Cap's blend comes a dime a dozen around the USA. Seems every tobacco shop you go into has a Black Cav with some kind of whiskey flavoring. I would swear that this is Smoker's Pride Whiskey as it tastes the same to me. Nice little bit of strength, quality Black Cavendish style Burley and whatever whiskey flavoring it is that is passed to shops around the country. The leaf was steamed to the point that it had no teeth (can't bite).

SmokeKing David Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
SmokeKing David (123)

I have pretty eclectic and varied tastes when it comes to pipe tobacco. I smoke English, VaPers, Burleys...and now I am re-visiting aromatics.

This tobacco is just not for me. I found it harsh and artificial-tasting.

Govern Yourself Accordingly.

Forgive me, but I think that this should be renamed "Crap's Blend" The casing and leaf in this blend did not do it for me at all. The cavendish tasted green and the casing tasted like anti-freeze. Tried two bowls and gave up, much prefer #772.

Rating: -1 out of 5