Kendal Loose – Black Cavendish. Dark fired Virginias slowly cooked to a jet black finish. Smooth, strong, cool character. Ideal for blending. A medium cut pipe tobacco.

BrandGawith, Hoggarth & Co.
Blend TypeCavendish Based
ContentsBlack Cavendish
Strength
Taste

DrDyson Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
DrDyson (108)
Medium None Detected Mild to Medium Pleasant

I agree with Juna Gu that this is a very worthwhile mixer (I don't care for it straight, though). It goes very nicely, I find, with Gawith and Hoggarth's Curly Cut and Broken Scotch Cake - two tobaccos that are rather lacking in flavour and body; also with Samuel Gawith's Medium Virginia Flake/Golden Glow. It's fun to experiment with proportions until you hit the nail on the head. Expensive fun, perhaps, but fun nonetheless. It might be worthwhile to add some to Ogden's Gold Block, too, though I haven't tried that yet.

Juna Gu Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Juna Gu (31)

I bought this for mixing, but I've tried it straight also. It's good. A ribbon or shag cut, not too fine, packs easily, smokes easily. Doesn't leave much residue (I have dried it out a tad) except perhaps a little sticky white ash speckling the bowl. The taste is smooth, cool and the strength is quite acceptable. A good smoke when you are feeling a little delicate perhaps. I've smoked it mixed with Kendal Kentucky, which makes for a nice smoke. Seems to do the job well.