PipesAndCigars.com

A superior blend of top quality Virginia tobaccos from three continents. Loose cut. Light aromatic – Virginia taste. Mild.

Notes: This comes in 2 cuts - a fine ribbon (in bulk) for pipe, and a fine shag (in pouch) for RYO.

BrandPeter Stokkebye
FlavoringAlcohol / Liquor
CutShag
Where to Buy PipesAndCigars.com
Strength
Extremely Mild, Very Mild, Mild to Medium
Taste
2.9

I am not a cigarette smoker, but the cut of this baccy appears to be much large for that use so I assume that this is the “fine ribbon” version and not the shag version used for RYO. The pouch scent offers little indication of the aromatic quality of this blend. In the blend it tastes like a light sweet aromatic. The Virginia’s are mild but the aromatic component, albit not strong, is enough to keep me from discerning some of the other Virginia qualities like hay, grass etc. If I had to take a stab at the flavoring, I would put it on the honey side. It burns cool and has no bite. This is easily an “all day” aromatic, but I personally prefer Stokkebye’s Dutch Cavendish to this. Danish Export is a solid offering for those that want an all-day aromatic smoke without the heavy flavorings like cherry, chocolate etc. Also given its price point, it is a far better choice than many of the OTC aromatics out there.

Virginia lover Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Virginia lover (191)
Mild Very Mild Medium Tolerable

The smell in the pouch is of chocolate, a fine ribbon cut with Virginias ranging from yellow to bronze. I waited for mine to be bone dry. It lights and burns very fast but there is no bite. The flavors are: citrus, tangy and honey sweet. The chocolate is there as an after taste, especially as you reach the bottom of your bowl. I guess that for the price, you can't do wrong by buying it if you like your Virginia Danish style but there are better offerings in the same vein. Still, it was a pleasant surprise.

CnS Pipes Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
CnS Pipes (40)
Mild to Medium Very Mild Mild Tolerable to Strong

Danish #81 is a fine danish Virginia mixture with a slight and I mean slight topping which may just be a mild liquor of some sort and other than that the natural tones to these tobaccos mix amount themselves to create this pipe tobacco. Most common this is used for RYO style smoking and being a pipe smoker I do like to twist this in a paper every now and then, my wife is the RYO fan and there is not much difference between this cut and the shag. This blend is smooth and being a flue cured Virginia mixture has some nicotine to it and YES this is preordered for cigarette smoking more so then in a pipe but yet there are those who do like to blend with it or just smoke it in there pipe there is no rules. This is high quality tobacco and there is no chemical taste to it whatsoever that's just the trendy pipe yuppy thing to say, in fact if your gonna smoke cigarettes this is the way to go because its actually 100% tobacco. The nice thing about Peter Stokkebye tobaccos is thst there blends are all actually different like Norwegian has its own flavor and style going vs. Danish and that's awesome because when you wanna switch it up you can. I recommend this tobacco if you like smoking straight flue cured Virginia's and/or cigarettes because I know that is there design for this blend all in all. The room note is stinky and the taste is mild to moderate with a nicotine kick if you inhale. For RYO style just break up the tobacco as fine as you want it and let it dry out for several hours or so and your ready to go. Thanks for reading my review God bless you and God bless America and remember to stand up for your smoking rights and support your American tobacco farmers because they need it.

Pipe Used: Zig Zags and Corn Cobs

Age When Smoked: 39

Peter Stokkebye - Danish Export (No. 81).

The blend's presented as a light brown, coarse shag: don't expect a shag that's rolling tobacco fine. My moisture's spot on, and the smell is suggestive of a sweet casing of some kind.

I can't figure out exactly what type of Alcohol/Liquor the description's referring too as I don't get any alcoholic sharpness. I find it unquestionable that a sweet topping's included, but nothing alcoholic. The topping's just above mild in weight, and isn't sticky or cloying. I'll go with honey, or brown sugar. The Virginias give a pleasant flavour, mainly sweet. The burn from it's good, although it can bite me.

Nicotine: mild. Room-note: quite pleasant.

Hmmmm, Danish Export? Good enough for two stars, but too boring for any higher:

Somewhat recommended.

Pipe Used: Cob

Purchased From: 4noggins

Very Mild Extremely Mild Very Mild Pleasant

#81 did not strike me as a shag cut (fine ribbon though), nor did I find it to be a RYO Cigarette style blend. It burned too slow for that and the flavor was restrained... very restrained, with a light and airy all Virginia taste. I note the descriptive on TRC also mentions alcohol, but I never really tasted anything aromatic although the sweetness was just enough to make me think of cloves and honey. Not bad stuff.

Gresh Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Gresh (9)
Very Mild Mild to Medium Medium Tolerable

I purchased this for rolling, since I liked the Amsterdam Shag a lot. I figured i'd give this a try as they were beside each other.

Rolled, its very mild. no throat hit, except a very slight one near the end of the smoke. Little taste, the paper seemed to overpower the tobacco flavor. very smooth for a filterless tobacco

I found that I much preferred this in a pipe. Flavor was easier to detect but still mild. strength was similar to the Ohm Bold pipe tobacco i started out with

Wasn't a bad tobacco by any stretch, but not something i'll be purchasing again once i'm done with this pouch

Pipe Used: MM Corncob

Purchased From: Smoker Friendly. Wilkins Twp, PA

Similar Blends: Ohm - Bold.

Pete Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Pete (3)
Mild None Detected Medium Unnoticeable

Danish Export is about the closest smoke I can find to Export cigarettes from Canada which are 100 per cent Virginia tobacco.I also purchased a couple of ounces of Danish Import for pipes which has a much courser cut. Didn't care for it all. It had to be relit several times and had an acrid taste and smell Stick with the shag cut for RYO cigs and forget the pipe version. I find the same to be true with Five Brothers when you want a pure burley. Too sting for the pipe but an excellent RYO when you're in the mood for one of these. I can say,however, that Danish Export shag cut is excellent in blending your own pipe tobaccos as I often do. It adds that extra tanginess from the Virginias to round out your blend. For cigarettes I give this tobacco 4 stars; for pipes I give it 2.

Similar Blends: Export Canadian Cigarettes.

Mild Extremely Mild Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

OK, I must confess. This is what I order for when I get the urge for a RYO cigarette, or a small pipe smoked like a cigarette. Old habits die hard! I have yet to smoke this as a true pipe tobacco, but if I do will set down my impressions. This works great in a cigarette, and I think that may be what it is mainly designed for, but marketed as pipe tobacco to dodge those exorbitant RYO taxes!