A superior blend of top quality Virginia tobaccos from three continents. Loose cut. Light aromatic – Virginia taste. Mild.

Notes: This comes in 2 cuts - a fine ribbon (in bulk) for pipe, and a fine shag (in pouch) for RYO.

BrandPeter Stokkebye

2.7
"JY" Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
"JY" (8)
Medium Medium to Strong Medium Tolerable

Reviewing as a RYO/MYO cigarette tobacco. Flavor is dominated by the topping. Good flavor, but not my favorite, like a generic liqueur taste. Some acidity, very manageble. For me, no mouth feel or aftertaste problems. For some reason, really comes together and shines as a nonfiltered roll type cigarette. For me best served fresh, maximum moisture. If dried out, the flavor fades and the smoke gets coarser. Good value.

Tudval Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Tudval (18)
Mild None Detected Mild Tolerable

I also bought this initially as a replacement for RYO tobacco, but the cut is quite rough for that purpose and it produces too much smoke. You may call it 'pipey'. Funny thing is, smoked in a pipe I'm sure many would say it tastes like cigarette tobacco. So it's kinda neither here nor there, but it'a a quality natural Virginia tobacco, with no bite, but very subdued flavor profile. Quite pleasant if you're in the mood for something really mild. Also very inexpensive compared to the more sophisticated blends.

Mild Extremely Mild Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

OK, I must confess. This is what I order for when I get the urge for a RYO cigarette, or a small pipe smoked like a cigarette. Old habits die hard! I have yet to smoke this as a true pipe tobacco, but if I do will set down my impressions. This works great in a cigarette, and I think that may be what it is mainly designed for, but marketed as pipe tobacco to dodge those exorbitant RYO taxes!