Black Cavendish and golden Virginia combined with natural maple flavor

Notes: This was an Amar Blends Co. mixture. Cornell and Diehl bought the rights of all their old recipes.

Blended ByAmar Blends Co.
ContentsBlack Cavendish, Virginia
FlavoringAlcohol / Liquor, Coffee, Mango
Strength
Taste
2.9
tod Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
tod (4)
Medium Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Pleasant

I consider my self a once in awhile aromatic smoker. I took a chance on this and was surprised at how good it was. I could smell the casing as the mail man handed me the package. After opening it, it was almost too strong smelling. I let it air for a few hours. I love the way this blend tastes. And to me it's more like butter and burnt sugar. Like butterscotch. But 8 oz. went quick. Nice medium satisfying blend.

Mild to Medium Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

This blend carries more strength than many aromatics and has a twinge of natural tobacco taste. The maple flavoring is dominant though, and it is delish!

For smokers who prefer uncased blends this one might be a good change of pace. For those who prefer aromatics, this one might be your manna from heaven.

Burns fairly dry and I certainly had no problem keeping the leaf lit. Easy on the tongue in the heat department, too.

OLDTIMER Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
OLDTIMER (39)

Black and Gold Maple, arrives with just the right amount of moisture. The room note is very pleasant. The maple flavor is very nice and not over done. The nicotine starts to kick in about half way down the bowl in a medium size pipe. It will never replace my Autumn Evening blend but a very nice tobacco.

smokin ty Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
smokin ty (3)
Very Mild Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

this tobacco is very enjoyable and has been my constant for almost 3 years up until recently (made the transition to english/orientals). i would recomend tryng it if your looking for a cool smoke. i think i should change this recomendation i'm going to have to put it at 2 stars simply because i do not seem to enjoy it at all. it could be due to the larg supply of english that i have been smoking but i could definatly tast the flavoring in the tobacco. i would recomend trying it if your a start up smoker but not if you like the natural leaf tast.

Mild Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Now,this is MAPLE! Far better than McClelland's Blue Townsman and superior to C&D's own AUTUMN EVENING. This has no bite(unlike Autumn evening)and not artificial tasting (like Townsman Blue). A true joy for you and those around you. My friends were falling asleep as I puffed away on this. The most scrumptuous maple aromatic on the market. 3 of 4 stars!!!

geocritter Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
geocritter (20)
Medium to Strong Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

After a comparison of this blend to C&D's Autumn Evening, I fear that I may be undershooting it with 2 stars. I will revise after having some more of it. However, on the whole, I found it to taste just OK, not a very rich flavor or with much pizazz. Just enough to be kind of a tease, with a bite that was a little more than a tease. So I don't know about this one. I think if you are looking for a maple flavor, and aiming for that buttery pancake taste, go with Autumn Evening and get the full experience.

purpleronald Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
purpleronald (16)
Mild to Medium Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Pleasant

At first I didn't like it...but it grew on me...and if you like the fragrence of hot buttery pancakes...you might like it too! For a change of pace...it's a pleasant change...but the taste is rather one dimenional. Pancakes with just a dash of buttery maple - is the flavor...but it's still 'natural'. Sometimes I'll mix it with a bowl of latakia blend just to make it more interesting... It's not an overpowering aromatic but the aroma is there from the first to the last puff!

In my quest for the perfect aromatic, I tried this one, but am afraid my quest still continues.

This blend smells delicious and has the typical black and tan appearance of most aromatics.

Packing: Easy, some broad ribbons giving a fuss.

Lighting: Easy as this blend comes fairly dry.

Initial Flavor:Well your typical cavendish flavor with the maple in the background.

Mid-Bowl: Not much increase in strength or flavor

End of bowl: The leaf in this blend starts to sing a little more, it is rather smooth in its build up of strength and then it is over.

Overall: This is an OK aromatic, but not the Holy Grail (LOL!) I guess I'll keep searching. Maybe Autumn Evening will be it?

Rating: 2.75 out of 5 points

The Keeper Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
The Keeper (112)
Mild Medium Medium Very Pleasant

Even though I've come to appreciate the English and more natural blend, I still occasionally like something sweet and easy to smoke. With their wide varity of aromatics, and their long-standing reputation, I figured C+D would be a good place to start. Their sampler pack available at the website made it very easy to give a wide variety of Cornell & Diehl, Pease, and Two Friends blends a shot.

This stuff sounded really good. And it is, in all respects. It is made from top quality, good tasting, and fine burning tobacco. You have the mellow cavendish and VA providing some substance and tobacco taste. The casing is exactly as billed: genuine maple flavor without coming off as goopy and syrupy. None of that here, just nice sweetness permeating both the room note and taste through out the smoke.

Clean finish and minimal relights necessary. If you want a bit of sweetness that isn't candy-like, give this blend a shot.