Two wonderful tastes from the tropical paradise - tobacco and rum. This select mixture is a harmonic composition of both. Sweet Virginias, nutty-spicey Burleys and tobaccos from the world's best provenience were refined with real Jamaican rum. A tidbit with the unadulterated aroma of the Caribbean. While tobacco came to Europe straight from the "new world," sugar cane first had to be introduced to the Caribbean, to the joy of all connoisseurs. Because soon after pipe smoking got established, rum started its conquest of the seas. A good reason to combine both pleasures in one select mixture: in Radford's Rum Royal.

BrandRadfords
Manufactured ByPoschl Tabak
FlavoringRum
Packaging50g Pouch
Strength
Taste
2.0

Given the price of the package, and that I had previously found the other Radford's blends I have tried to be acceptable, I bought a pouch of this when I saw it.

On opening, the pouch aroma does not really hint at rum; I can make out the Burley with its cocoa note as well as something fruity/honeyish. The leaf felt somewhat dry at first touch, but that turned out to be OK. The mix is about 3/4ths bright tobaccos and about 1/4th Black Cavendish, all in longish ribbons.

Stuffs easily, lights easily, but I find I need the occasional re-light. The taste does not give me any indication of rum, either, but it's nicely sweet and nutty. Nothing out of the ordinary or overly exciting, but solid enough -- as is the room note.

There is a little spice in there, and RRR is not as weak as some other "cheap" blends. I judge this one to be worth the money, at least, and not a bad smoke. Also nothing extraordinary, but at the price asked where I live, I have to at least somewhat recommend; I may buy more of this in the future.