From snow covered cabins near Asheville to the festively decorated streets of Charleston, few regions celebrate Christmas with the friendly verve of the Carolinas. To share the spirit of this special time and place, we created this exquisite limited edition broken flake. Rich red Virginias sit atop a base of a blend of white and dark burleys, joined by Green River black cavendish for a touch of sweetness. The barest hint of Cyprian latakia serves to accentuate the main components, pulling together the entire sophisticated composition.

Notes: Limited to a total production of only 180 tins.

BrandLow Country Pipe & Cigar
Blended BySmokingPipes.com
Blend TypeAmerican
ContentsBlack Cavendish, Burley, Latakia, Virginia
Packaging2 ounce tin
Strength
Medium, Medium to Strong
Extremely Mild
Taste
Full
Pleasant, Pleasant to Tolerable

jankoez Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
jankoez (67)
Medium Extremely Mild Full Pleasant

I am not big fan of Virginia tobacco but this blend is really pleasant surprise to me. It tastes very good, room note is excellent and it burns easy and goes to white ash. The author(s) made an excellent job.

My rate: 4.9

Medium to Strong Extremely Mild Full Pleasant to Tolerable

Well, I am committing the cardinal sin of reviewing after only one bowl, but I will edit if my impressions change. This blend is not at all what I expected. It had a chocolate yet at the same time not-chocolate smell in the tin, like Royal Yacht. I was expecting a scented VABUR flake. But this is turning out to be a very full and heady blend. To tell the truth, it's kind of knocking me out, like Bow-Legged Bear. It is, however, tasty with slow, and I do mean slow sipping. If I had known this was such a powerhouse, I would have chosen a smaller bowl. The Virginias and burleys do seem to be of good quality, and when I have smoked some more, I may return to this review and try to parse out some nuances. At the moment, seems like a good blend, but it's kicking my ass!

5-19-10 Well, I didn't know it when I said that about the blend being so strong, but I was just about to come down with a bad sinus infection a day or so after writing that review! That may have been why it seemed strong. Smoked a couple more bowls since then, and had gentler experiences, though the flavor still seemed a bit strange.

6-2-10 Flavor still seems strange. I got almost moldy notes this time, maybe a bad tin, I don't know. Not obviously moldy, just a suggestion of it, but if I keep getting that, then I obviously won't be finishing the tin. I am detracting a star for this. Even if I just got a bum tin, it is still a quality control issue. Anyway, the topping on this is weird to begin with.