Burley, Golden Virginia and Black Cavendish are superbly balanced in this full-bodied blend richly flavored with roasted hazelnut extract.

Notes: A replacement for Lane Hazelnut.

Blended ByMcClelland
Manufactured ByMcClelland
FlavoringNuts / Beans
Strength
Taste
Extremely Mild (Flat), Very Mild, Mild
1.7
Churchwardener Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Churchwardener (2)
Mild Mild Very Mild Pleasant

It's perhaps most insulting to say that there isn't much to say about this. I do get hints of hazelnut and coffee, especially toward the bottom of the bowl, but nothing more than hints.

I've been smoking it while nursing a bad bite from another blend, and have found it to be quite nice for that purpose.

forecastle Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
forecastle (4)
Mild Mild to Medium Extremely Mild (Flat) Pleasant

I bought this tobacco on a high recommendation from a fellow pipe smoker on the merits that it would taste great and smell wonderful for my girlfriend so that she wouldn't be so offended when I chose to smoke.

I have tried it in both a cob and briar and both times found this tobacco to be very flat with almost no taste at all. Even the taste of tobacco seemed to be missing. The only thing that I did manage to catch from this blend was tongue bite that may come from the casing (though I have heard that McClelland blends tend to be a bit finicky from person to person).

All in all this is defiantly not a tobacco that I would be sending anyone's way. The flat taste and base line flavoring make it a very forgettable blend.

The room note, and tin aroma are both very nice and for that reason I think this tobacco merits two stars (though once again maybe I'm just personally unable to enjoy this smoke). But, I can't give it anymore than that due to it's lack of taste for the smoker.

I plan on using the rest of what I have as a room freshener. How you use this review is entirely up to you =)

johnson430 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
johnson430 (7)

A very dry, quick burning tobacco with nothing exciting about the blend. I purchased a "Bourbon" blend to mix with Nutty Hazel but still flat and dry. Final note: This smells great in the bag but that is where this tobacco ends.