Our most full bodied black Cavendish blend. A rich mellow flavor and aroma.

BrandTinder Box
Taste
3.1
RyeWhiskey Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
RyeWhiskey (43)

A very nice black Cavendish 'baccy. Fairly big leaves broken up, a stem or so every other bowl. Smells nice in the jar, has a faint chocholate aroma too it. Chars nicely and stays lit for the most part going all the way down. The mid-bowl is where it's at. Has some nice sweetness going on there, the aroma is nice and leaves a good note after you're done. It's not my favorite, I have others, but is a good tobacco if you want to try good aromatic and are at the Tinderbox.

Good mellow, sweet and nice aroma. Better than some tinned tobacco.

UKIAH Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
UKIAH (2)
Mild to Medium Medium Medium to Full Pleasant to Tolerable

This is my favorite tobacco so far. Good taste, smokes well, not too moist. If you like black cavendish you will most likely enjoy this. Comments from cigarrete smokers that they like the aroma. I will give this four stars** and hope that I don't regret that after trying some others that I find on this website. The price is good. I'm surprised that I don't find this Tinder Box Midnight in the four star column.

UKIAH

Mild to Medium Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

The first few puffs always seemed a little harsh and toasty to me, but it settles down rather quickly into a mellow chocolate and vanilla flavor that wears well the rest of the way down. I never got tongue bite from this one, which is not always the case for blends in this genre. One of the better black cavendish mixtures around and the best one Tinderbox sells.

rtheen Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
rtheen (3)
Mild to Medium Medium to Strong Medium to Full Very Pleasant

This is a great aromatic in my opinion. Many aromatics have tongue bite and other problems with taste. This however does a vanilla and cream like flavor quite well. It is a very moist tobacco so get the pipe cleaner ready, but with a churchwarden or corncob it is very nice. Room note is amazing, this is one of the tobaccos that everyone says they love the smell of pipe tobacco. Wife and family friendly. The flavor is mild tobacco but strong aromatic. This is my most repurchased aromatic that is cheap and easily bought at my local tinderbox.

Pipe Used: Corncob, meershaum, and churchwarden

neoclassical Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
neoclassical (9)
Very Mild Mild Mild Very Pleasant

My favorite black Cavendish. I tried this one as a one ounce sample with the new briar pipe I purchased from them. In my new pipe it was ok, but in my broken in estate pipes it becomes sweet and extremely pleasant and relaxing. It leaves a nice taste on my lips. It's a bit wet/sticky but letting it sit a few minutes before packing helps. It will bite if pushed and is also forgiving so the bite doesn't last very long. This one is on my list of must buy more when I return to MB SC.

My tastes have changed since writing my initial reviews of Tinderbox tobaccos. I really have gotten into English/Balkans and don't particularly care for the overly sweet/flavored aromatics.

Chatsworth Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Chatsworth (52)

Got this in a 4 pack sampler. All black. A vanilla flavor. Dried it out for 6 hours. A non-biting vanilla aro. Gentle and mild. Hard to go wrong with this.

p.smoker Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
p.smoker (16)

i am lucky to have a great tinderbox close to my house.they treat you great,and you always feel welcome (thanks mike).after trying this tobacco,i was hooked! i smoke this tobacco every day.so far i have smoked over 10 pounds of this tobacco and counting.this is my "go to" tobacco as you can tell.it has a slight vanilla smell,and taste which i really like and the room note is great.it packs nice,and burns great with no bite.i would highly recommend midnight to anyone that likes a good smoking,good tasting and great smelling aromatic tobacco.i`m already looking foward to my next 10 pounds! 4 stars

South Mantis06 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
South Mantis06 (12)

It's an enjoyable smoke, but I'd say more towards the middle of the bowl. At the start, it has a bit of a pungent aroma and taste that kind of put me off a bit at first. That tends to dissipate as you smoke thru the bowl which is a good thing. I like the blend, and do recommend it.

uc_lonepipe Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
uc_lonepipe (6)

I have found that if you smoke this blend indoors you get a better all around smoke, however, if you're out and about this starts to get slightly hot from minimal wind blowing over it and that ruins the taste and once that happens it's ruined. Even on a good day this blend is easily forgettable.

slprl1 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
slprl1 (4)
Very Mild Mild Mild Very Pleasant

Very smooth. Very cool burn. A very pleasant relaxing tobacco.