A classic straight Virginia tobacco, predominantly, but with spicy, full flavored Oriental leaves added for an especially rich flavor. A broken flake aged in cake form. Full English.

BrandBufflehead
Blended ByDavid Windsor
ContentsOriental/Turkish, Virginia
Strength
Mild, Medium
Taste
Mild, Medium to Full
Pleasant, Tolerable

The Virginia/Oriental combination in Ring Necked Duck was enticing and for those who enjoy such compilations, this was quality all the way. I personally felt the Orientals were a little too softening to satisfy me, but for those with a palate that appreciates lighter fare, this one no doubt pleased greatly. I wish I had another tin. I would add some Five Brothers to perk this one up as I otherwise enjoyed the flavor.

Pipestud

Tiger Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Tiger (53)

Bufflehead's Ring-Necked Duck is a quality blend that should be especially welcomed by the born-in-the-blood Virginia lovers. A bit of rubbing out is required but since when did that ever disappoint a Virginia fan? First and foremost (for me), Ring-necked Duck is Tasty - very tasty. Not "knock-you-down" tasty, but "MMMmmmm" tasty. It can bite, and can get hot, and can dry out your mouth, windpipe and probably eardrums completely if you attack it. But with the hard-earned wisdom of experienced Virginia smokers Ring-necked Duck can be a very agreeable companion... and one at a nice price too. Even though it falls short of my personal favorite (Red Cake), I will happily give Ring-Necked Duck three stars for its' quality, smoothness and tastiness. Would recommend giving it a try to anyone but especially the Virgina lovers of the Republic.

Tiger