Cigar leaf from the Caribbean to enhance any blend.

BrandRobert McConnell
Blended ByRobert McConnell
ContentsCigar Leaf
Packagingtin
Strength
Mild to Medium, Medium to Strong, Strong
Taste
22yrsonthepipe Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
22yrsonthepipe (21)
Medium to Strong None Detected Medium to Full Pleasant

Just light brown and medium light brown cigar leaf, nothing else. What more could a piper ask for! Very sweet smelling in the tin but smokes like a medium strength cigar ie. not too sweet. No need to blend it, just smoke it straight from the tin.

One note - The wax paper smelled exactly like a smell I'm very familiar with from living next door to a dairy farm. Cow shit. Luckily this has not affected the tin note or the taste at all.

I find wax paper tends to suck the flavor out of aromatic tobacco. However it seems to have been a wise decision in this case.

After this, I'd love to try pure Havana. A bit hard to find tho. (EDIT - according to several sources pure Caribe IS pure Havana)

Added to rotation.

Strong None Detected Medium Pleasant

The composition of this blend must have changed considerably judging from what I read from the first review of Pure Caribe. My tin was fresh as opposed to aged.

Okay, Pure Caribe made me wobbly. Whew, is it ever powerful and I love it! When I popped the tin and took a whiff I started drooling. That stuff has the best smell in the tin of any tobacco I've ever stuck my snout close to. The cut is very fine ribbon with black chunks of something (the Carribean cigar leaf perhaps?) and it was easy to pack and light. The smoke was quite thick and it stayed lit with just one fire up from my always reliable Corona Old Boy. This one has all the nicotine that a normal man will ever need in a smoke and the flavor, although not overwhelming, goes flying over the tongue in a steady stream. I enjoyed the flavor the more slowly I puffed. The hints of cigar leaf were certainly more than a little evident, but this one also has something else; Virginia leaf perhaps? The back of the tin says Pure Caribe will enhance any blend. I will certainly try it as a mixer with some of the weak-kneed stuff I have laying around, but it's darned good by itself!

I got a pretty well aged tin of this stuff about 1 year ago.It is a very mild cigar leaf mixture. A decent blender. It will not however yield a potent cigar note to a blend. This is a very bland and mellow leaf. Not the worst but not the best. 2.5 stars