BrandH. Simmons
ContentsOriental/Turkish, Virginia, Latakia
Strength
Taste
Very Full
Strong
zunismoke Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
zunismoke (2)
Medium to Strong None Detected Very Full Strong

The tin I am using is to my best guess, from 10-15 years old. Two things I picked up on right away. One, I can detect just a hint of Cigar Leaf. I smoke cigars, but do not care for cigar leaf in my pipe. What I can pick up does not bother me. The second thing is a definite peppery spiciness in the nose. I can't tell if it is coming from the cigar leaf or from perique. I am picking up a little mustiness similar to Squadron Leader. Latikia is definitely there in good measure. I cannot identify the Virginias but the sweetness is there. I am pretty sure there are orientals at work as well. I am to the middle of the bowl now and the fullness has increased. The flavor and aroma are keeping my interest. I get the feeling as I move on through the bowl that this is one to smoke after a good meal and not before. If I could get more of this, I would. Alas I have a feeling that like many good English blenders this one is probably out of business. If you like fullness and flavor and can get your hands on a tin, I think you will like it!