Cherrybomb uses some of the finest flue-cured Virginias and steamed black Cavendish tobaccos and enhances them with excellent notes of tangy cherry and silky vanilla for wonderful flavor and aroma.

BrandCAO

2.5
Redd Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Redd (111)
Medium Strong Full Pleasant to Tolerable

Now I will start explaining why I gave this 4 stars I am not a fan of cherry blends they smoke to hot and usually give me a headache. But this is the best Cherry blend I ever smoked/ But let it sit after opening. I picked it up on sale. The name caught my eye. So I tried it one day while running low oin my other blends. The first time i didnt like it at all. So it sat about three months in the tin. So with the price of tobacco today I didnt toss it. So I gasvr it another try. Not bad at all. If you know how to smoke it nice and easy it is really enjoyable. It has a good Nicotine level and as far as strenght it is a full black canvendish very smokey. I will surley pick up a few more tins. It is a departure from my main blend Old Dog & London MIxture.

colonel jpl Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
colonel jpl (14)
Very Mild Mild to Medium Mild Very Pleasant

New and right out of the tin the tobacco lit easy and smoked down to a white ash. I was surprised. Maybe two relights and I finished a bowl. Taste is sweet but not overbearing and the room note is great. Go easy with this or it will bite you. Overall it's a good cherry blend to smoke now and then not every day for me.

Pipe Used: various

Purchased From: smoking pipes

Selly501USA Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Selly501USA (4)
Medium Mild Medium Very Pleasant

Vanilla splashed with Maraschino Cherry

This tobacco gets an unfair shake because of it's misleading name: it's not a cherry-flavored tobacco in the main, rather, it's vanilla with a hint of cherry.

If you're after a nice vanilla, this one should definitely be on your list to sample. It's a rich tasting top-shelf dark Cavendish tobacco blend, first and foremost, with the occasional hint of unsweetened vanilla sweet maraschino appearing in the background. I think the cherry note gives it a little more dimension than other, more straight-ahead vanilla blends. A fun, good-time tobacco to have on hand for those who enjoy the flavor of good tobacco unencumbered by heavy flavored casings but packing a solid, rich room note. Hopefully for you a very pleasant departure from the usual vanilla blends. Thank you for your time.

Pipe Used: MM General Filtered

Age When Smoked: 1 - 4 months

Similar Blends: CAO Bella Vanilla, Mac Baren Vanilla Creme Loose Cut, McClelland M-27 Three Cherry Blend.

gentleanachronism Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
gentleanachronism (6)
Mild to Medium Medium Mild Pleasant

If you are looking for a strong aromatic to smoke in mixed company, this is the one for you. Once you open the tin you are hit with a wave of cherry and black licorice scents. I couldn't really taste anything special as I smoked it. The room note was wonderful, but powerful. My wife had insisted that I should by a tin (after her mother had regaled her with stories of my father in law smoking cherry blends) but has since confessed that the cherry note was too powerful and lingered far to long for her pleasure. I'm back to smoking my usual blends now, but I would recommend Cherry bomb to anyone looking for a strong aro.

Pipe Used: bent billiard

Purchased From: the Nostalgia Shop; Columbia, Missouri

mightysmurf8201 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
mightysmurf8201 (2)
Mild Medium to Strong Mild Pleasant

I have been searching for a good cherry blend, and I came upon this one at my local b&m and thought I would give it a shot. After all, CAO makes an excellent cigar. I was actually pretty disappointed with this blend. The tin smelled pretty good, a bit of cherry, but I got a lot of vanilla aroma from it. It was a bit on the dry side. First smoke was rather un-enjoyable. The only flavor I got was vanilla and I had a hard time keeping it lit. I thought I would try it in a different briar, but I ended up getting similar results. Not sure if I'll slowly smoke my way through the remainder of the tin, or just give it away. I'm sure there's people out there that like this, but I won't be buying it again.

Scupbucket Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Scupbucket (8)
Mild Strong Medium Very Pleasant

CAO Cherry Bomb has a super sweet cherry flavor and the room note is fantastic. Being one of my first cherry blends, I was happy to find it actually tastes like cherries. A bit moist right out of the tin but after and hour of dry time it's good to go. It starts off with a desserty sweetness with a very subtle hint of the vanilla. I noticed the sweetness eases off to a more smokey flavor at the half bowl point but was happy to find the cherry flavoring still stuck around. My beard smelled amazing for the rest of the day! Burned a bit on the hot side but no bite.

Smoke_Ring Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note

Burn = 8

After Taste = 8

Raw Score = 48

Rated Percentage = 80%

Comment = Smooth, Mild, big Cherry flavor but no vanilla Flavor, bitter at the end of the bowl

The Conde Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
The Conde (17)

I thought it was a little ironic that a blend named cherry bomb would taste more vanilla than cherry. Smokes on the mild side, room note is nice, non-smokers commented that it smelled good even outside in the wind where I have to smoke. One of my first tobaccos and suitable for a beginner but not much cherry.

KXkid Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
KXkid (12)
Medium Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

This is the first cherry tobacco I've tried. And this is my least favorite CAO tobacco. That being said its still a good one. I'm just not a big cherry tobacco person. Additionally I would buy it again if my Tobacconist was out of the other CAO flavors. Now that I've tried all four of their pipe tobaccos I may try mixing several of them together. ie. Bela Moontrance, Eileen's Cherry Bomb, or Bela Bomb. You get the picture.

brogreggblues Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
brogreggblues (45)
Very Mild Very Strong Very Mild Very Pleasant

Smoking Cherry Bomb was one of the worst pipesmoking experiences I've had. Lots of chemicals, was like smoking a urinal cake.

After a couple bowls, threw the rest out.

If you're looking for a cherry blend, try Boswell's Pennsylvania Dutch Treat.

Not recommended.

marosi Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
marosi (47)
Very Mild Strong Mild Very Pleasant

If you were a beginner and had not smoked a variety of tobaccos, you might pick this up and think that you had found something fantastic. It has a wonderful, rich tin aroma, and the room note is very nice. It looks pretty, and is not as funky (as in the existence of a chemical smell, and goopy use of humectants) as some other black cavendish blends. I find the vanilla is more noticeable in the tin aroma than the the taste or room note.

Where it falls apart is the smoking qualities, and this is where I think people are (or should) keep looking. It requires a lot of drying out, and this by itself is not a big deal. Even when pretty dry, however, this is still difficult to get going and keep burning without a lot of puffing, which of course heats things up. While the room note is rich and pleasant, the taste is pretty mild, and the cherry is nowhere near as noticeable on the tongue. It will bite with strong puffing, and sipping just does not keep this one going. This, and the need for regular fiddling and relights detracts from a relaxing and pleasant experience. If you are looking for a cherry aromatic, the Boswell cherry flavored mixtures offer much better smoking characteristics and richer, more well rounded flavors. If you really want to take the training wheels off and smoke a good berry aromatic that also tastes and smokes like a "man's" blend, then try Sillem's Red, a wonderful broken flake aromatic.

Kevinalban Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Kevinalban (9)

I havent tried all the cherries in the world, but this one is my favorite so far. I dont taste the vanilla and the cherry has a little spice to it but I like it. Tends to burn a little hot, and my tin was so moist the tobacco was in a giant cake, so I let it dry out a little before enjoying. But over all, as a fan of cherry blends, I would recommend.

daylon Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
daylon (1)
Medium Strong Mild to Medium Pleasant

i have never reviewed pipe tobacco, but i signed up here just to do so. i was feeling hopeful and a little excited after reading other reviews on cherry bomb, especially because i would like to find a good cherry. the room note is the only good thing i can point out. to me, it makes a room smell rather nice. that is where the pleasantries end. i was trying think for the benefit of readers, how to describe the taste, and then it came to me- cotton candy, wrapped in a dirty sock. that is as honest as i can be. i am sure there is a cherry out there that is worth buying, but i tell you, it is not this. in fact, i am tossing out the entire tin, and good riddance. i only wish i could forget the experience and get my money back. unfortunately, it ghosts your pipe, so it still haunts me, and defiled my pipe. if my word is not enough for you, then you had better try it in a cheap corn cob pipe. you will be throwing it out.

HobbyPipes Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
HobbyPipes (3)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

In search of a cherry tobacco, I came across Cherry Bomb by mistake. The smell when you open a tin, gives a very strong sweet cherry. The texture seemed to be compact and dry, but when you fluff the tobacco to get it ready for the load. You can see that it is just moist enough and perfect.

The smoke is a very pleasant one. It has a mild flavor, but hints of the cherry, and little vanilla in the background.

My wife said that it smelled like cherries, and she was in the other room from me. She really likes the room note of this tobacco compared to my other tobaccos that I have smoked.

I recommend this tobacco to Anyone looking for a Cherry tobacco that is mild and can be smoked at any time of day.

wosbald Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
wosbald (111)

The tin aroma of this short-cut. fine ribbon is strongly of bright cherry with a distinct background of natural vanilla.

Expectedly, the black cavendish is smoothly monotone and, being VA-based, is extra rich and sweet. The topping tastes authentic, is almost sophisticated, and translates well into the smoke.

Cherrybomb is a quality blend that is quite pleasing, even if not deeply satisfying, and which is mellow enough for all-day puffing. This will ghost a briar and was best in a narrow gauge chamber.

DriftWood Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
DriftWood (1)

the taste was pretty good but it did burn hot for me. every time i smoked it i would get complements on the smell of it. i think i would use it every once and a while just to change up the pace.

ruffinogold Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ruffinogold (82)

This is a good cherry blend . For all the ragging people do about hot cherry blends or chemical etc.. It's black , it dosent bite , it's not hot and burns fine for me . The cherryflavor isnt a natural cerry flavor and it isnt the flavor of those red cherries that are icecream toppings ... somewhere in between . I think they were smart . If youre only gonna make one cherry blend as a manufacturer ... they met in the middle .If yer wanting a natural cherry flavor I think the best is IRC Cherry Cordial .If yer looking for a super sweet " fake" cherry flavor then theres a ton out there .I've found this blend to be fantastic for blending . The flavor of the CAO cherry is up front and the room note is .. cherry

NA Morrison Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
NA Morrison (32)

better than bella vanilla but still burns hot. the bite was not as bad as bella vanilla. had a nice cherry taste with a bit of vanilla as a side note. would get a higher rating if i didnt burn so hot that alone would haave smoothed out the flavor making it better. the nice thing was unlike bella vanilla was the flavor stayed almost all the way through. will finish the tin but most likely will not buy another tin

marksman8351 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
marksman8351 (21)
Mild Mild to Medium Mild Very Pleasant

The CAO brand is for most beginners its definitely nice for a room note or if you have some friends around or family that would complain about the smell of a non aromatic blend. It burns a little hot, very little if any bite.

lonefrog615 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
lonefrog615 (4)

This tobacco reminded me of a typical american youth. Basically a good kid but behavior is a problem.

The biggest drawback for me was the poor burning qualities. The cherry flavor was nice and the aroma in the room was excellent but the tendency of the tobacco to go out and the difficulty in getting a good pack with this one turned me off.

Will I put it away and never smoke it again? No. I'll definitely be trying this one again. Is it likely to be a tobacco I buy regularly? Also no. I enjoy the better burning qualities of other cherry aromatics I have tried over this one.

2 stars.

GAAU13 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
GAAU13 (1)
Mild to Medium Medium Mild Pleasant

... for aromatics people. No bite, and a pleasant aroma. overall not a bad smoke.

Synthacus Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Synthacus (6)

This is my first review. I am not very critical but this one deserves special note. I am sorry that this is the first CAO tobacco that I have tried. I hope I have the courage to try another.

My favorite blend is Dan's Da Vinci. I have Macbaren's Virginia #1 and Evinmore in rotation with a plumcake.

This will never gointo rotation.

When I say the room note is pleasant, I mean pleasant like the smell of a cherry scented urinal puck.

About halfway trhough the bowl this becomes less noticable. I finished the bowl and put the tin away. I had started into a new dublin shape with a nice horn stem. I have chastized myself and will try more of the tin but in a less beautiful pipe. I would hate the memory of this tobacco to make me dislike sucha beautiful pipe.

To be fair I have picked out several well reviewed CAO blends to make sure this is an abberation.

beeftip Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
beeftip (10)
Mild Medium Mild Very Pleasant

The tin aroma is very cherry. I don't smell any vanilla. The tobacco is a little on the dry side. It packs well, lights well and stays lit without much effort.

The room note is incredible. It almost smells like potpourri instead of pipe tobacco. I've gotten rave reviews on the room note.

No tongue bite. I'm very susceptible to it and I got none.

The cherry flavoring is somewhat present in the smoke, but it takes on a slight chemical taste, maybe that's the cavendish, I don't know. I don't taste any vanilla in the smoke. There was no depth or structure in the natural flavors of the tobacco. It's a fairly one-dimensional smoke.

At this price point, I'm willing to bet that there are better cherry aromatics to be had. I gave this one a shot because my tobacconist carries it and doesn't have much of a selection anyway. If you're looking for a real people pleaser as far as room note goes, than this will fit the bill.