Pure St. James Parish Perique

BrandJust For Him
ContentsPerique
CutShag
Strength
Strong, Very Strong, Overwhelming
Taste
Very Full
Strong
2.7
Grampa's Pipe Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Grampa's Pipe (12)
Overwhelming None Detected Very Full Strong

Why anyone would add a blending component to TR is beyond me, but since it's here I'll add my two cents. .

Don't smoke this on it's own as it is vile stuff and meant to be used as a condiment in blending.

BBlevins Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
BBlevins (102)
Very Strong None Detected Very Full Strong

Although the description states it is Perique from St. James Parish, it is actually just green river burley processed in the same manner by McClelland. All of the "real" St. James Perique tobacco is purchased by American Spirit for use in their Perique cigarettes.

That being said, most people couldn't tell the difference in the two. This is an adequate blending Perique that serves it's purpose. If you want the real thing, you'll have to contact Percy Martin and buy it from his farm.

Strong None Detected Very Full Tolerable to Strong

I don't know if it's real St. James or not; something tells me it's not likely this is the real Percy Martin stuff, but I like it and it has been a standby for my blending needs for quite a while. I buy four ounces and sprinkle it into a Virginia whenever I have the urge. Wet stuff, and it stays wet for months. Dry it out under a lamp or overnight.

Edit 1-2-11 Sorry if I offended anyone by adding a "fake blending component." I happen to have always liked the stuff. I have some of the cigs now as well, so I actually have had "the real stuff" for sure.