BrandTed's Pipe Shoppe
Taste
cws Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
cws (1)
Very Mild Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Enjoyed my first bowl of Killarney last night - as I christened my new indoor smoking room. The wife sat next to me the entire time and commented on the great smells, despite the heavy smoke filling the room.

Will definitely be a staple for me. Loved it.

Pipe Used: Peterson 306

Age When Smoked: brand new, just opened

Purchased From: Ted's Pipe Shoppe

Hollywood Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Hollywood (5)
Mild Mild to Medium Mild Very Pleasant

This is a very plesent smoke. Lots of smoke, slightly sweet smoke with a hint of vanilla. I can see why this is the best seller for the store. Good room note, easy to pack in the bowl and very little dottle. It can get sour at the very end and tends to smoke warm.

Donaldusmaximus Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Donaldusmaximus (2)
Mild to Medium Strong Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Killarney is my favorite smoke. This is good stuff, there really is nothing left to say other than a brief description. Vanilla and fruitiness with a very pleasent aroma and taste. Just a very fine quality smoke. Can be a little tricky to get lit but it burns slow and mellow. LOVE IT!. However, I do feel that I need to add that to me personally this blend is best enjoyed outdoors in the fall or early spring. To me it is more of a cool weather smoke but I do smoke it year round. Enjoy.

CLRV Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
CLRV (14)

As a relatively new pipe smoker, I've been exploring a lot of the primary schools of taste. Killarney is Ted's Pipe Shoppe's best selling blend- and it's easy to see why.

It's a not too sweet (at least to my palette) American style aromatic. Comes slightly too moist for my preference- however a quick drying takes care of that. There is little to no sludge at the bottom of the bowl after a round, in comparison to some other aromatics I have tried.

The tobacco burns evenly, though sometimes slightly hot if you aren't paying attention. The smoke is thick and creamy. Vanilla taste, mixed with some very mild fruitiness. A very good morning smoke or for those who are aromatic lovers.

A great tobacco.