Superbly made blend that Dan had created with a good friend in mind who was searching for a light English. The result is a unique taste experience. Excellent blend to look forward to at the end of your day. Another Masterful blend by Dan Boswell

BrandBoswell Pipes & Tobacco
Blended ByBoswell Pipes & Tobacco
ContentsVirginia, Latakia
Strength
Taste
Very Mild, Mild to Medium, Medium to Full
2.6
wekers Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
wekers (14)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Mild Pleasant

In my tastes i see that this blend like Vaper, i dont know the blends, but seems a lot of cavendish, some virginia and Perique? Latakia i think is a little dose. For me its a Vaper blend, at least in the beginning, after some time is very sweet and mild.

ThePipePirate Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ThePipePirate (9)
Mild Mild to Medium Medium to Full Tolerable

This blend was my first english i've smoked. I right away liked it! The latakia and virginia in it make it great too. One of those all day smokes for sure.

morphijuana Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
morphijuana (17)
Very Mild None Detected Very Mild Pleasant

1st Smoke: Smoked my first pipe load in my Balkovec. My first thoughts would be that it is very mild English with almost aromatic notes. 2nd Smoke: Smoked a pipe load in my Hackert. Light English is a perfect description. The aromatic tones I picked up on my first smoke of it have seemed to diminish. I think I mistook the sweetness of the Virginias for a vanilla casing. I didn't pick that up at all in the second smoking. The Latakia is apparent, but far from overwhelming. It produces a nice smoke, and burns a little warm. As with all Boswell blends I've tried, no tongue bite whatsoever. The room note is very nice, pleasant and inviting. I liked it and will look forward to my next bowl of it. 3rd Smoke: Ribbon cut packs well and lights easily in my Moretti Chimney. No problems lighting it and it stays burning with no problems. I could very easily see this blend being an all-day smoke for me. Mild, tasty, and an overall pleasant smoking experience. So pleasant in fact that I huffed it down unusually fast. It burns fairly dry and produces a nice gray ash. I should have ordered a bigger bag of it. Conclusion: An English that isn't overpowering. This blend provides a smooth, tasty, smoking experience. This is one that easily falls into the class of an all-day smoke. Most defiantly worth a try.

LV9 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
LV9 (59)
Very Mild Mild to Medium Very Mild Pleasant

This blend packs well, lights easy. The cut is ribbon type, in the pouch I can see burley, virginia, cavendish and very little latakia. As soon as you light it there is a faint taste or vanilla mix with a slight tang probably coming from the virginias, as the smoke progresses this combination of taste disappears and the taste of cheap aromatic comes in hard, the latakia completely goes away and nothing but hot air comes thru the pipe, witch leads to to slight tongue bite for the rest of the journey. In summary would I buy this again NO, hence my one star rating for this blend.

BriarBurner Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
BriarBurner (29)
Mild to Medium Mild Mild to Medium Tolerable

I did not enjoy this tobac for one reason: the topping. I think without it would be a somewhat enjoyable blend. The Virginias and the light touch of Latakia do a good job untill the sweet of the topping start to come thru after a few minutes. Packs/burns nice with no bite.If you like aromatic english blends you might want to give this a try.

smokey Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
smokey (120)
Mild Mild Medium to Full Pleasant

Magnum Blend is a light English developed by Dan Boswell for a friend that has become very popular. The ingredients are not listed on Boswell's website but peering into the jar I have here it appears as though there are gold and red VAs, Black Cavendish, and a little Latakia.

MB packs and lights easily due to its' almost perfect moisture content. Once going, it requires a minimum of relights. The taste at first is dominated by the sweet VA and Black Cavendish, then you notice the Latakia there in the background providing body to the smoke. It's a very pleasant early morning smoke before you're ready to take on a full-fledged Balkan. In fact, I sometimes smoke it all day, it's that good.

Boswell's prices have gone up steadily in the last few years, as have most tobacco suppliers. Nevertheless, I'm deducting one point on value.

Scores for Magnum Blend: Taste- 18 of 20; lighting and burn- 8 of 10; value- 8 of 10. 34 points equals a good ** score.

YoungSmoke Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
YoungSmoke (24)

This is another blend that I'm shocked there isn't more reviews on. I have to note again that Boswells English blends are the first and only English blends I've tried. I am also not a full English smoker, but I am finding them very enjoyable when the taste arises. I'm smoking a bowl now to help this along. With that said, this is another nice English blend from Boswell, all three of them are great. They are all a little different but make for a similar good smoke. Using Northwoods as a reference I feel the Light English is a "little brother" to Northwoods and this Magnum Blend may be more like a cousin. Upon lighting you notice the Latakia, but just enough to know its in there. Later in the bowl you notice it more in the aroma. This one holds onto the Latakia but also blends with the other tobaccos. The flavors dance back and forth on different puffs. I notice more of a subtle sweetness with this one...my guess from the virginas or maybe a very slight topping flavor, but I doubt it. That is the only reason why I put Extremly Mild for Flavoring.

This is a similar smoke to Boswells Light English, but even milder. It packs well, stays lit, and smokes fairly cool. This one is a very, very dry smoke...almost dries out the back of my throat. Like the Light English, I don't feel this one is as creamy, or velvety as Northwoods, this one isn't as smooth either but neither are as bold as Northwoods. All in all a nice, milder English that has some characteristics of an aromatic. It's an easy going smoke, but my least favorite out of the 3 English blends from Boswell. I might not get it again since the Mild English is so perfect. But thats not to take away from this being a great blend and something to recommend. Just maybe not 4 stars in my opinion.