A mild Burley blend with a mixture of Virginias and aged maduro Cavendish. Subtle notes of chocolate covered hazelnuts and a hint of creme make for a sweet finish.

BrandMilan Tobacconists
Blended ByDavid Meyer
ContentsBurley, Cavendish, Virginia
FlavoringCocoa / Chocolate, Cream, Nuts / Beans
Strength
Taste
Mild Mild to Medium Mild Very Pleasant

When I first put some of Wall St. out to dry, my first reaction was that this was going to burn wet. But it didn’t. Instead, it offered a nice nutty, chocolate flavor. I am not sure what the cream flavor is supposed to be about, but I couldn’t pinpoint any flavor of it. I tend to judge aromatics based on the quality of the casing and if there is still some actual tobacco flavor that comes through in the smoke. Wall St, wins on the casing and plays to a draw in the tobacco flavor department with the Burley flavor showing itself at times, but not on a constant basis. Wall St has one of the best aromatic room notes I can recall in recent memory. I can actually smell it while smoking it! I think aromatic fans and nonsmokers will both be pleased with Wall St.

stonedlion Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
stonedlion (6)
Mild Very Mild Mild Very Pleasant

I tried a few ounces of this when it was on special at Milan awhile back.

I primarily smoke English or Balkan style tobacco and like to break things up with an aromatic in an inexpensive corn cob pipe from Missouri Meerschaum. It can make for a pleasant afternoon working on a project in the garage.

The room note is outstanding. Even the Mrs. who detests most of my choices complimented it.

It's a good choice if you are looking for an aromatic that is pleasant without being overwhelming.

SBC Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
SBC (20)

For a couple minutes, I had trouble getting this lit; but, once I did get it going, boy did it go. It became a bright cherry, and from that point on, I had trouble keeping it in check. Not scortching, mind you, but it's a tobacco to watch, and at best it's warmer in the mouth than I prefer.

For flavor, I guess I catch hints of sweet liquor, and maybe I can also tell what people mean by hints of cream and chocolate too, but it's all within the context of something else I don't prefer, which I think must be the maduro. In any case, it's got sort of a generic, maybe fakish aromatic flavor.

The room note is out of this world. I mean, really, really amazing... like nougat. Couldn't overstate how much I like that.

It's quite consistent until the bottom of the bowl--the last fourth or less--when it suddenly turns very bitter. I'm not sure what causes that, but it's quite definite and predictable.

It's a good blend in its own way, and above average in some regards, but the liabilities are too great, to me.

flakey Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
flakey (43)
Mild to Medium Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

I second every word Marshall Law wrote, minus the part about the 1950's since I wasn't there then.

Hauntingly familiar indeed! The taste of Wall Street vaguely rings a bell in my mind but the actual memory is just too hazy. What is clear is that this is an absolutely enjoyable smoke, particularly the slight cigarish taste and aroma mixed into the hazelnut cream... how unique it is. And I don't even care so much for the taste of cigars, but it just works really well here. Will definitely be getting ahold of more, Wall Street is well on it's way to becoming my favorite aromatic. Very highly recommended.

Marshall Law Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Marshall Law (50)

An outstanding, distinct and hauntingly "familiar" aromatic blend! Burns cool with tons of dense, smooth smoke, down to a fine white ash. High quality tobaccos throughout. Not at all overly sweet or heavy, and will not goop your pipe. The tasty chocolate hazelnut and delicate buttercreme casings combine to make a sort of nougat flavor and aroma that is both unique and delectable. Even more amusing, the tiniest dash of cigar leaf in the mix brings me back to the smell of bank lobbies and high end office buildings of the 1950's where the fragrance of various aromatic pipe tobaccos once mixed freely with the occasional cigar, and created a most memorable, harmonious, and entirely random bouquet. This bouquet. This blend is quite aptly dubbed "Wall Street". Highly recommended.

A smashing blend for those who enjoy a sweet tobacco taste without a lot of punch. Burns cool and dry right down to the bottom. The Virginia and "dark chocolate" tasting cavendish combine to make this one shine. The smell in the pouch is so good I almost grabbed a spoon rather than my pipe. At the match, the flavor blast is high while the power is low. A unique blend that I liked a lot as a change of pace.

Captain bob Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Captain bob (38)
Mild Mild to Medium Very Mild Very Pleasant

Having sampled Milan tobacco previously, I must say I am not let down any time I smoke their blends. They are probably the most exceptional producers of mild aromatics with tobacco flavor I have ever encountered.

Wall street is no exception. Wall Street is mild and flavorful while holding my discriminating taste in interest. I can see where one could enter a holding pattern to savor this excellent mild aromatic with good tobacco taste.

BobB Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
BobB (19)
Mild Medium to Strong Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

This is an 'Island Selection' tobacco. Extremely nutty in aroma and flavor and one I can almost equate with fine english or VaPers for thoughtful,enjoyable quality time smokes.

Bought in bulk,the perfect moisture from the bag before smoking. Nuts and...I don't know about 'chocolate covered hazelnuts and creme', but nutty and something sweet, (smoked flavor reminds me of dates). Burns cleanly and the nutty flavor comes through very nicely. The last fifth of the bowl turns bitter and tells me to I need to stop. Until then it is an enjoyable journey. 5-10 times a week, I'll keep it stocked for a long time.