A mild burley blend with a mixture of Virginias and aged maduro cavendish. Subtle notes of chocolate covered hazelnuts, and a hint of creme make for a sweet finish.

BrandMilan Tobacconists
Blended ByDavid Meyer
ContentsBurley, Cavendish, Virginia
FlavoringCocoa / Chocolate, Cream, Nuts / Beans
Strength
Taste
3.6
Mild Mild to Medium Mild Very Pleasant

When I first put some of Wall St. out to dry, my first reaction was that this was going to burn wet. But it didn’t. Instead, it offered a nice nutty, chocolate flavor. I am not sure what the cream flavor is supposed to be about, but I couldn’t pinpoint any flavor of it. I tend to judge aromatics based on the quality of the casing and if there is still some actual tobacco flavor that comes through in the smoke. Wall St, wins on the casing and plays to a draw in the tobacco flavor department with the Burley flavor showing itself at times, but not on a constant basis. Wall St has one of the best aromatic room notes I can recall in recent memory. I can actually smell it while smoking it! I think aromatic fans and nonsmokers will both be pleased with Wall St.

Young Piper Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Young Piper (300)
Mild Mild to Medium Mild Very Pleasant

Wall Street is a very unique aromatic, it has these little chunks of black Cavendish (I assume that's the Maduro) that when lit, emit a sweet and savory chocolate type flavor and aroma. You can taste the excellent Burley which gives Wall Street more power than your traditional all Black Cavendish blends. The room quickly fills with a wonderful milk chocolate and Hazelnut aroma that the family just loved. This is a blend that I would most defiantly recommend and will reorder when I get some more Sunset Rum as a once in awhile treat, Really nice blend here!

1979 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
1979 (62)
Mild Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Milan Tobacconists Wall Street

A very nice, high quality bulk aromatic. The tobacco could stand a little airing pre pack, but its not really wet and not at all sticky. Won't trash your pipe, won't bite and burns to a fine light gray ash.

The flavoring is delicate but firm. Nutty, some hazelnut, and some cocoa. Also found in the flavor profile is the taste of the actual tobacco (burley, mostly) which is usually toward the background but occasionally in front.

One of the best room notes ever imo. My only complaint is that it doesn't hang around as long as I wish.

A smashing blend for those who enjoy a sweet tobacco taste without a lot of punch. Burns cool and dry right down to the bottom. The Virginia and "dark chocolate" tasting cavendish combine to make this one shine. The smell in the pouch is so good I almost grabbed a spoon rather than my pipe. At the match, the flavor blast is high while the power is low. A unique blend that I liked a lot as a change of pace.

CR Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
CR (7)
Mild Mild Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

I'm smoking the last of my Wall Street as I write this review. I purchased an ounce to try and have had this in my possession for almost 3 weeks, yet I have not touched it in over two. It lights and stays lit beautifully. The smoke seems a little soapy at first, but it transitions immediately after the first puff into sweet, earthy and distinctly tobacco flavors. The chocolatey cream casing compliments the juicy tang of the Virginia leaf nicely, just as with their Doctor's Orders, and I can taste the complex herbal notes of the burley every time. The casing has a strong smell but an opaque taste. You can inhale as much as you want, the smoke is light down to the ashes. The hazelnut is more evident in your nostrils than on your tongue, and the room note is pure magic to non-smokers. But the true beauty of this blend is that old papery maduro, which might not show itself in every puff but always could be lurking in the next one. In fact, the reason it has taken me so long to finish this ounce is because I'll miss it so much when it's gone.

The blend did not surprise me much, if only because you can basically expect this type of bulk goodness from Milan. It does leave you wanting more, or something better. For their prices though, I must say that this comes highly recommended by me. I dislike smoking most aromatics, and the extra moisture will always be present, but there was almost no goop and I can return to this again and again without displeasure. I think the term "hankering" might even describe the interest it draws to my palate. If they thew another pinch of that cigar leaf into this stuff and put it into a fancy tin, it might cost you five dollars an ounce when it wasn't back-ordered.

Pipe Used: Briar

Age When Smoked: 3 Weeks

Purchased From: Milan Tobacconists

stonedlion Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
stonedlion (6)
Mild Very Mild Mild Very Pleasant

I tried a few ounces of this when it was on special at Milan awhile back.

I primarily smoke English or Balkan style tobacco and like to break things up with an aromatic in an inexpensive corn cob pipe from Missouri Meerschaum. It can make for a pleasant afternoon working on a project in the garage.

The room note is outstanding. Even the Mrs. who detests most of my choices complimented it.

It's a good choice if you are looking for an aromatic that is pleasant without being overwhelming.

Captain bob Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Captain bob (38)
Mild Mild to Medium Very Mild Very Pleasant

Having sampled Milan tobacco previously, I must say I am not let down any time I smoke their blends. They are probably the most exceptional producers of mild aromatics with tobacco flavor I have ever encountered.

Wall street is no exception. Wall Street is mild and flavorful while holding my discriminating taste in interest. I can see where one could enter a holding pattern to savor this excellent mild aromatic with good tobacco taste.