This toasted Black Cavendish blend consists of selected Virginia and Burley grades, heat-treated and bulk cured a full week.

BrandBrigham Enterprises Inc.
Taste

Lazz Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Lazz (1)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Medium Very Pleasant

This is desert island stuff for me. Don't let the almost uniform black colour of the tabac fool you, there is a beautiful nuance to this blend. Black Cavendish is of course dominant, but there's something more to this, perhaps a bright virginia that wasn't Cavendish cured.

It has a beautiful almost almond-vanilla flavour that stays relatively consistent for the first half of a bowl, then deepens at a wonderfully analog, natural pace with the inclusion of a richer cocoa right up to the dottle. It finishes at a stronger medium taste, for an aromatic blend.

The room note is fantastic. The flavour is on the stronger side of mild, maybe the milder side of medium, but it is certainly "big" in the sense that it is a full palate, even, very evident flavour despite the relative mildness.

Not recommended for very new smokers, as it is quite moist out of the pouch. Plan to set aside a good half hour of drying time for your bowl. Fair warning it does smoke a bit wet, although not overly hot. I've found slower, longer draws bring out the best of this blend.

Alessandro Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Alessandro (6)
Very Mild Very Mild Very Mild Very Pleasant

Very mild tobacco, subtle flavouring. Smoke it in the morning. I may be a little hard of tasting when it comes to this tobacco, But i do enjoy it form time to time.

Galbreath Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Galbreath (5)
Mild to Medium Medium Medium Very Pleasant

First, I have to say this is very wet. So be prepared to wait an hour before smoking. However, it is well worth the wait. Out of the pouch is a mild liqour scent that lends to excitement of what you are in store for. The taste is incredible with a smooth almond and vanilla sweetness left on the tongue. The smoke reflects this taste until the second half of the bowl when it shifts to a walnut covered brownie taste and smell. I used my brand new Vincenzo 227 pocket pipe and I could not have asked for a better pairing. It burns very cool and if it has proper dry time will stay lit to the bottom. Writing about it makes me want another bowl. This is the best Brigham has to offer in my opinion.

Tabocco Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Tabocco (4)
Mild to Medium Medium Medium Very Pleasant

I really, really like this blend. It has a slightly sweet, floral/woody flavour and scent that is mild and very pleasant. It burns nicely, and contrary to other reviewers, I've usually found it to be a fairly cool, dry smoke. The key may be to pack it lightly and smoke it at a gentle pace; whenever I do that, I always get to the end of it with nothing left but fine white ash and very little (if any) moisture at the bottom of the bowl. Surprisingly, even a very light draw produces volumes of thick, billowy white smoke.

This is one of my favourite aromatic blends. For overall satisfaction and enjoyment, I rank it right up there with Muskoka Mixture, another excellent aromatic from Brigham. Actually, Solitude and Muskoka Mixture couldn't be more different from one another in flavour; that I like both so well speaks very highly, I think, of Brigham's pipe tobacco line.

Nortoni19 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Nortoni19 (1)
Mild to Medium Medium Medium Very Pleasant

a delightful room note and a mild yet wonderful flavour. The first tobacco I tried and I'm always pleased when I go back to it. You wont be disappointed.

marshcope Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
marshcope (2)
Mild Medium Medium Very Pleasant

This is a timeless favourite of mine. Very easy smoke that leaves a satisfaction hours after! I picked up my pipe far more frequently after first trying this blend. A pleasent change after trying many bland blends that were recomended to me by smoke shops.

Krosham Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Krosham (11)
Mild Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

This is the first aromatic that has impressed me. Nice, sweet thick smoke. Great notes...I don't think you would ever get a single complaint. The thick, black, dense stuff smokes light and airy with nice sweet vanilla notes. I will be making it a point to have this on hand when the aromatic craving hits.

Nova Smoker Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Nova Smoker (5)
Medium Medium to Strong Medium to Full Pleasant to Tolerable

This blend is nearly all black, probably mostly cavendish and has a cut to it that I have never encountered before. The cut is more "chunky" than many I have tried, and I wonder how it would preform if rubbed out a bit more.

The pouch note is pleasant with a choclate scent and also a scent that I will describe as spicey? Reminds me of black pepper almost.

In my first couple of bowls I was a bit disapointed due to the spice taste mentioned above, I had been expecting the taste of confection, chocolate, and vanilla but the taste was mostly a taste similar to black pepper or a woodsy taste with a good mix of choclate and confection. At the half to quarter of a pouch mark I find myself really liking this blend and the pepper taste seems much less dominant. The room note is about average.

This blend, for me, is high on my list. I cant say that it is top five material, but definitley a good,complex aromatic blend.

LoKi6922 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
LoKi6922 (11)
Mild Mild Very Mild Very Pleasant

Very cool smoke. Sticky in the pouch, needs some drying time to be appreciated. The room note is the best I've come across so far... Cocoa with that warm, woodsy Brigham feel...

I'm not much of an aromatic guy, other than I enjoy the smell in the room after I've finished... But this has more flavour than a lot of other aromatics I've sampled. Smoking a bowl of it right now, and enjoying the nose more than anything. If you're an English smoker, you might not mind this. Wouldn't be an awful introduction to aromatics.

The name says it all... Solitude... It really draws images of feet up by the fire and a nice cup of hot cocoa on a cold winter eve. Too bad, because with the incredibly delicious room note, it should be enjoyed in large crowds. ;)

I had to make an edit of this. It's been an hour since I finished my bowl of this and the room note is still deliciously chocolate. Mmmm. I have to bump this up to 3 stars.

jeffro_44 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
jeffro_44 (2)
Mild to Medium Medium Medium to Full Very Pleasant

i'm new to the pipe, and brigham solitude was recommended to me by my local smoke shop! he said this is a great tobacco for the beginner. he was right for sure. the flavor is incredible! real rich chocolate! i find it very smooth. i would highly recommend this tobacco for sure!

DJO Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
DJO (2)
Mild to Medium Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

My favorite aromatic. It's my go-to tobacco any time of day.

My wife is the one who actually picked this one out for me. She liked the way it smelled in the pouch. I agree with her about the pouch aroma, but it's the way that it smokes that sold me. It's a sweet, mellow smoke with next to no tongue burn.

I'm a huge fan!