Cavendish pressed, broken flakes, individually wrapped as a plug in paper for a one pipe-bowl full smoke.

BrandVon Eicken
Blended ByVon Eicken
ContentsCavendish
PackagingIndividually wrapped plugs
Strength
Mild to Medium, Medium to Strong
Very Mild, Mild
Taste
Extremely Mild (Flat), Mild
Pleasant to Tolerable, Tolerable
1.0
smokincoyote Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
smokincoyote (19)
Medium to Strong Very Mild Extremely Mild (Flat) Pleasant to Tolerable

Picked up one of the little pre-packaged plugs from the local humidor for 69c and gave it a try. Loading into a pipe is very convenient, lighting was hard considering how dry the stuff was. Vanilla taste dissipated after a few puffs and there was a ashy, stale harsh smoke to replace it. Halfway down I had to re-light, YUCK worse re-light taste ever!!! Nasty nasty nasty nasty! Had to smoke a cigarette to get the ash taste out of my mouth!

Mild to Medium Mild Mild Tolerable

The lightest of all the Piccolo plugs I sampled. A very subtle vanilla note upon opening the pack that quickly vanished after lighting up and while smoking. A harsh smoke was what developed and was not to my liking. Very cigarette-like.

Since I have sampled all four of Von Eicken's plugs, I have ranked them in the order of my preference (most to least): Honey & Rum; Vanilla Black Cavendish; Tropical Mango; Vanilla. The mango was the strongest as far as casing goes and a bit over the top for me as a result. The Vanilla was bland and harsh. The other two were pleasant enough for revisiting, although not something I must always have on hand. 1.5 stars for effort.