Orange-red virginia flake

Taste

Flyerdog Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Flyerdog (9)
Mild None Detected Medium Pleasant

I won't go on and on about this tobacco (although I could). It's obvious by the fact that mine is the third review in 13 yrs that there are not a lot of folks out there smoking this hard-to-find treasure. Millennium is naturally sweet. Not in the sense of an aromatic (which I don't find sweet at all), but rather natural sweetness of the tobacco infuses the smoke. It is simply bursting with flavor.

IMHO Millennium is the standard by which all aged VAs should be judged.

Mild None Detected Medium Very Pleasant

Okay, this is one heck of a Virginia Flake. Sweet, cool and tremendous depth to the flavor. Quality Virginias stir my innards as I love the morfing of the weed as the bowl is consumed. Spicy and nose tingling at first light, New M. settles down into what I can only describe as a rich smoke bursting with a flavor varietal not often tasted. A must try.

vaperfavour Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
vaperfavour (30)
Mild to Medium None Detected Full Very Pleasant

one of the best kept secrets of the pipe world. I have never had a better orange-red virginia. imagine 99 christmas Cheer with 00 CC and 2001 then amplify by 10x. superb, a blending marvel. broken flake with crystals abounding, a tin note that smells like....well this must be what heaven smells like. when i die and Satan comes for me, i'll beat the you know what out of him, I'll hear St. Peter laugh and say " vaperfavour, you have redeemed yourself, come on in" the pearly gates will open and this heavenly scent will waft to my sniffer! citrus, sugar, baked breads and no bite once the flakes have a couple weeks of air time. there is an aftertaste that i will dream about for the rest of my days, literally. compared to McCranie's vintages, this is like gold compared to that crap. yes its really that much better and i love the McC's red ribbon and flake! This particular tin was from 01. this is so soft I cant believe it. I opened this tin last November when I heard the bad news one of my best friends was on life support and not going to make it. I didnt want to judge this marvel because of my emotional state so I jarred it up for another time. i have been cracking into it ever since. I can take two or three big puffs, set the pipe down walk away and this incredible aftertaste will simmer on my pallet for 45 minutes. It has taken me all day to smoke this to ashes, just because I want this to last as long as possible, I know this is one of those once in a lifetime batches of tobacco. McClelland blended this for the PCCA and I dont know if this is left over PCCA Millenium or a blend that comes close. See my review of PCCA Millenium. I paid 50 or 60 dollars for this tin and I must ask how much would you pay for the best smoking experience in your life? Eight years in the tin and its this good. wow. before i end this review I must talk of the room note. I have found myself positioning the pipe DIRECTLY under my nose so the smoke will overwhelm my sense of smell. I wish there was a cologne that smelled like this, i would bathe in it.This is for your best pipes, you know those ultra-high grades your embarrased to tell any one you own, you know, those fish, bird and M graded Ivarrsons, Chonowitsches,and Eltangs. This tobacco puts one in a state of reverie and bliss. sigh.