None provided.

2.5
Steden Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Steden (84)
Medium to Strong Extremely Mild Medium to Full Tolerable to Strong

I was given Landtabak (both Regular and Spezial) as a gift by friends coming back from an holiday in Austria (Adriano and Paola, thanks again).

Landtabak “regular” (brown pouch)

A peasant tobacco which reminds meadows and grazings with cows and hay bales. In the pouch, the tobacco is almost dry and with a lot of stems in it, quite rough indeed but far to be lousy: it's tasteful and spicy but not too interesting, all we have been here so many times before! I agree with Skando, it really reminds ETI Italia of old, but the base tobaccos are of better quality in LT, my major complaint about LT is that in the middle it gets more than a bit of harshness, not bitter nor sour just harsh and too piquant, it lacks of a cushioning leaf. Not bad, simply not my kind.

Skando Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Skando (155)

Reading a forum on the web a couple of months ago, I casually came into knowledge of Land Tabak. The smokers of the so-called "natural tobaccos" - a category including several non-aromatic products from Italy (Italia, Comune, Forte), France (Scaferlati, St. Claude, Bergerac), Belgium (Semois) - were all singing the good qualities of the Austrian brothers of this family: Land Tabak and Landtabak Spezial. I had the chance to get some pouches (very cheap) through my daughter who was in Austria for holidays.

Let me first clarify that LT and LS are currently produced by Gallaher in UK, but they are marketed under the brand Austria Tobak which is owned by JTI. They both are available in Austria only.

LT and LS come in non-sealed 50grms pouch - of the shape of let's say Clan or Amsterdamer - externally covered by a thin plastic sealed sheet. Know what I mean ? As I have experienced in the past this packing is not granting any product to remain fresh... in fact the tobacco is just dry but still pliable. I have not rehydrated them.

Both LT and LS are ribbon cut, on the medium wide. LT is mostly medium brown with lighter and darker fleks. LS is lighter brown, the brighter weed in higher percentage.

Smelling at the pouch LT is very hayish, while LS is hay & flowers and more refined than the former.

One of my three Il Duca - a medium large bowled fancy Woodstock - has been used to test LT.

LT lights easily and behaves absolutely well. The initial impression is that I'm smoking the Trinciato Italia of old times, but LT is less "rustic". The aroma is absolutely of natural tobaccos, mainly Kentucky and Orientals, maybe something has been toasted. I'm quite sure that the composition includes south-american leaves - which we call "Tropical" - like Paraguaian and Brazilian. The smoke is cigarish but in a good way, leaving faint sweet hayish notes to develop. Toasty notes to the nostrils. The strenght develops from medium to medium-full, there's vitamin N enough indeed, but never overwhelming. The body is completely satisfying and "satiating".

I found Land Tabak to be a nice experience and would recommend to those looking for a pure tubacco experience, strong and with no frills. I guess its cut will allow nice blending experiences.