Square Mile, it took us three years to get this Compton's recipe right based on the original recipe. Red Cake, Carolina Virginia, Bright Flake, Black Cavendish, Dubeck, Turkish, Latakia, a touch of Perique and rubbed out Virginia Flake; all combine to make a smooth complex smoking mixture for the discriminating palate. It has no bite and is suitable as an all day smoke.

BrandCompton's of Galashiels
Blended ByMaxim Engel
ContentsBlack Cavendish, Latakia, Oriental/Turkish, Perique, Virginia
CountryCA
Strength
None Detected, Mild
Taste
Pleasant, Tolerable

This is a blend that has it all. The mixture was a huge hit at a local pipe club meeting and the most interesting thing was the fact that everybody had a different take on Square Mile, which I found interesting. Some thought it had a strong Virginia presence. Other's said the Latakia and Orientals were the main players. One guy even said it was simply a Latakia/Perique mixture. My take? Deep, rich, stout in a hit me hard with a pillow sort of way. A unique smoking experience that was so good, I now selfishly wish I had not shared most of it with my fellow pipe club members. )-:

SMOKETSES Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
SMOKETSES (208)
Mild to Medium Mild Medium Tolerable

Anniversarial smoke for 2 reasons

Firstly: It is the 100th tobacco for which I write reviews in my personal file and

Secondly: It is the first tobacco that I smoke afterwards operation of aorta of heart that I underwent.

And of course I thank friend SALAN that made it easier for me by ordering it from Canada while I was in the hospital It is the second Compton's of Galashiels, that I try after the astonishing No10. It contains Red Cake, Carolina Virginia, Bright Flake, Black Cavendish, Dubeck, Turkish, Latakia, and a bit of Perique.Perique in general doesnt thril me, therefore I will say that in this mix, it also leaves a bitter taste and burns especially from the middle of bowl and afterwards, this is something that PERSONALLY do not like by no means. Beautifully-full flavour. Particularly this period, where my doctors recommended I smoke 1-2 bowls per day, it was the best I could get. Its humidity is not ideal (it needs to be slightly dried), this results in difficulties in lighting and leaves a sense of humidity in the end of bowl. It is not compared however with the No10 of Comptons