In honor of their 140th anniversary, Peretti is pleased to introduce their newest Burley "1072" An exquisite Burley blend "1072" has a deep, rich taste. Delicious and profoundly satisfying.

BrandPeretti
ContentsBurley
CutCube
Strength
None Detected, Extremely Mild, Mild, Mild to Medium
Taste

Tom Bombadill Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Tom Bombadill (84)

This is a nice "American" blend that doesn't over do it with burley flavor. The taste is smooth and nutty with a slight sweetness and it doesn't become overbearing. Overall the taste is not complex though I swear I detect a whiff of latakia now and again. Can't say I detected a maple-bacon flavor. I heartedly agree this is a nice change of pace for an English blend fan

BladeSmith Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
BladeSmith (4)
Medium Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Pleasant

I tried an ounce of this and it was just like they say Rich and satisfying, this is definitely true for 1072. Steve told me they ran out of this but not sure if he was just saying that or not, too bad because I really like this one. Smells like Maple Bacon.

robo Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
robo (6)
Mild to Medium Mild Mild Pleasant

I really enjoy this one early in the morning. Smooth with a nice burley flavor. But there are other things that are subtle going on that overall combine to make a highly enjoyable smoke

Mild to Medium Extremely Mild Medium Pleasant

I enjoyed this the best of all Peretti Burley Blends. It reminds me of their 333 with the Belmont dressing applied. I called Steve and he said that there was Turkish and Latakia added to the mix. It burns cool and dry. It has a rich NATURAL tobacco flavor like the 333 plus the orientals. I enjoyed it. A good change of pace for the English smoker. Flake and Burley smokers will like it also. Not for the aromatic crowd at all. 3 of 4 stars.