Creates a delightful taste sensation. A taste of the Island with every puff.

BrandBoswell Pipes & Tobacco
Blended ByJ.M. Boswell
ContentsCavendish, Black Cavendish
FlavoringRum
Strength
Mild, Mild to Medium, Medium
Taste
2.3

If you are ever in Chambersburg PA, a visit to Boswell’s large and busy pipe shop is worth the visit as is the museum on the second floor, especially if you are there to taste some of America’s best house made aromatics. Rum River may be a victim of the bar being set so high by their other blends. Rum River IMO isn’t up to par with many of the other Boswell aromatic blends. The rum flavor is so light that I had a difficult time detecting it. I get a lot more chocolate flavor in the pouch scent and in the pipe. It is still worth a try for aromatic lovers, but I would start with some of the other Boswell blends first.

Purchased From: J. M. Boswell

BaconandTobacco Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
BaconandTobacco (15)

This is a run of the mill aromatic blend. I detected no "rum" flavor or aroma. It burns decent after drying. Worth a smoke or two, but not missed after that.

YoungSmoke Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
YoungSmoke (24)

This is a blend that surprized me how much I liked it and keep going back for more. I really can't describe the flavor or aroma...it is so different than other aromatics I've tried. It's mild yet medium bodied and flavored. It's a little fruity, a little earthy, a little zesty. It has a unique character to it that I really can't put my finger on but it's a nice once in a while smoke. I like it later in the day. It's not sweeter like most Boswells, yet it has a lot going on. It's one to go easier on, it has a little bite to it and burns warmer.

I wish I can better describe this blend, but I can't. It's good, and I like it for a change of pace. It's a blend to just take it for what it is...it's outside the box of my usual sweeter or vanilla based aromatics.