A refined mixture of sweetened black cavendish, vanilla, and Latakia with enough body and character to hold your attention throughout the day!

BrandJust For Him
3.4
bluedog Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
bluedog (19)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

sorta get the yeasty baking bread or sour dough bread taste. wish it had a little bit more latakia. no bite whatsoever even when i sometimes tend to smoke very fast large puffs. very easy to smoke and a nice experience.

TropicalBob Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
TropicalBob (1)
Mild to Medium Medium Medium to Full Very Pleasant

I think I've searched about 50 years to find and settle on Whiskey Biscuit Gravy. I've tried hundreds of brands since college. As noted, it is strikingly similar in taste and aroma to Shortcut to Mushrooms. But this one is slightly sweeter -- and that's a plus in my book.

It produces thick clouds of smoke but does so with absolutely no tongue bite. That is a MAJOR consideration for me. Any bite and that tobacco is never used again. At the moment, only this one, Shortcut to Mushrooms and Carter Hall qualify in that department. I have smoked many other mild tobaccos, but various reasons drove me away from them.

After discovering Whiskey Biscuit Gravy two years ago, I ordered it in tandem with Shortcut to Mushrooms. I've noticed, however, that Shortcut always tops the popularity list, while WBG never appears. Slightly panicked, I inquired whether WBG would continue to be made. The responder laughed and assured me it would.

Absolutely five stars for me. Keep the burners, people. I want a pleasant smoke, not some test of masculine ability to tolerate pain. These pleases me, and those around me.

marksman8351 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
marksman8351 (21)

Definably a spicy taste its an interesting blend and i do like that you can order alot of different samplers from the website so you can try everything.

This one is very similar to their Shortcut To Mushrooms. Like STM, Whiskey Biscuit Gravy is a sweetly cased, coarse cut, Latakia/ Black Cavendish blend. The vanilla is again used for flavoring. The main difference for me is that WBG is a milder version of STM in that the Latakia is not as pronounced, and although sweet tasting, it is not as sweet as STM. As the Latakia is not as dominant with this blend, the vanilla flavoring comes through a bit more during the smoke - very subtly and not at all cloying. With STM, the vanilla did not really provide a true vanilla flavoring, just an overall sweetness which, although a bit much, did work very nicely. Also, as with STM, I feel there is some spicy Kentucky in the blend making it overall very flavorful. As such, I prefer WBG over STM. WBG is very cool and dry smoking as well.

I guess one would classify WBG as an aromatic. It certainly is not at all the typical overly cased, goopy aro black cavendish. It is a sweetly cased, light Latakia/Black Cavendish that will satisfy both Latakia and aromatic fans.

Well, I asked for it so I guess I should be the first to review it.This is the truest and purest crossover blend on the market.The vanilla black cavendish is expertly married with what I believe is a sweetly cased Latakia. The result is a sweet baked bread with spicy undertones.As with all of Just for Him custom blends it cannot be described. It needs to be experienced. It is close to Bufflehead's 3 Oaks with a lot of vanilla. I love it. 4 of 4 stars!