The blend consists of mild Latakia grades from Cypress and U.S. grown Virginia. Although this combination appeals to the experienced pipe smoker, due consideration is given to other trends by adding just a touch of Black Brazilian Sun Cured grades.

BrandBrigham Enterprises Inc.
Taste
3.8
Tabocco Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Tabocco (4)

When I was a little kid, I loved the scent of pine because it smelled clean and fresh and made me think of Christmas trees. When I was a teenager, I loved the smell of cedar because it made me think of the outdoors. Then in my late twenties, I visited a redwood forest... I will never forget that deep, dark, almost musty aroma. It was complex, and yet somehow, it was also comforting.

I can't describe flavours or scents very well, at least not in terms that others can understand. However, I can tell you that Muskoka Mixture is my redwood forest of tobaccos. It is the first tobacco I've ever smoked that's elicited a "holy crap, this is amazing" out of me. I think that it does tend to burn a little hot, but it's always been manageable.

I still enjoy the simpler, less complex blends on occasion... but when I want something aromatic that has depth and complexity, Muskoka Mixture is one of my top choices.

Jay Bird Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Jay Bird (2)

I was given some of the Muskoka Mixture for Christmas and really love it. A good all day kind of smoke, strength and taste is mild and the room note is pleasant I recommend it.

Taste Buds Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Taste Buds (127)

This is the strangest tobacco I have ever smoked. I thought that it must be Brigham's Own and not Muskoka Mixture, based on the above description. It is an 80% black tobacco and the latakia is hardly noticable. The flavoring is that of vanilla and apricot; But that is only a guess. It arrives too moist to smoke, in an unsealed plastic sleeve. Once dried, it smokes well and tastes great. Very satisfying. The touch of Black Brazilian sun cured grades mentioned in the heading, must be virginia. And there is a heck of a lot more of it than a touch. Burns very hot. I added 3% perique to this. Can't taste it, but I'm afraid to add more. This can't be Muskoka Mixture as described above. Will someone who has smoked this please add a descriptive review. Please! The broken flake is not broken flake either. I want my money back! $24 for 50 grams. There's nothing English here.

Update: Forget the tin description noted above. That must have been the previous Muskoka Mixture. This is Altadis Apricot and Cream. Black Cavendish, Virginia and Burley, flavored with apricot and vanilla. Very little burley, if any. Lots of humectant, needs at least three days to dry out. A delicious aromatic, if you like apricots as I do. The vanilla is in the background. A real winner in taste, with a fabulous room note. Smokes much cooler after drying. Highly recommended for aromatic lovers.

ELF Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ELF (35)
Mild Extremely Mild Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Musk-Mix...Very nice tobacco///You Hard-Core English-Style Fans,should take this one for a spin.If you are looking for a English-Tobacco,that you can smoke around your friends(non smokers,and smokers alike)You definitely have 2try this one! I happen 2Luv English Blends(the Stronger the better)But most of my selections i Choose 2Fill my Pipe...My mates ask me to go outside;or stay a safe distance,from them. I discovered this tobacco about 2years ago;went thru Many pouches of this tobacco!