Golden and red Virginias blended with sweet, gently spicy Black Cavendish and topped with Bourbon Vanilla. Gentle notes of honey round out the aroma of this lively blend. A smoking pleasure with a remarkably rich taste.

BrandBentley
2.7
Flinthills Tex Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Flinthills Tex (24)
Mild to Medium Medium to Strong Medium to Full Very Pleasant

If you are a fan of aromatics, you will love this tobacco. If you prefer English blends, don't bother trying this; you won't like it.

I stumbled across this tobacco about 10 years ago at my local tobacconist's shop. He had an open tin, and I decided to try it based on the delicious Aroma exuding from it. I was not disappointed!

Tin note: sweet Bourbon vanilla, but decent, mixed with something exotic that I can't put my finger on.

Moisture Content: a bit on the damp side, you may want to leave the tin open for a day before Smoking. Packs well.

Room note: very seductive, this tobacco can win over the strongest anti-smokers, sweet, yet not overpowering.

Smoke: cool, even burn, unless you smoke it too quickly, in which case you will get both goopy condensation as well as tongue bite. But sipped, Smoking this tobacco is like drinking a full bodied porter ale. Complex changes in flavor throughout the bowl!

I would highly recommend this tobacco to all Lovers of aromatics!

Mild Medium to Strong Medium to Full Very Pleasant

One of the favourites of an old friend, I tried this blend a few times over the last year or so, and must say it is a nice tobacco.

The tin note is very nice, the VA shining through with a touch of something sweet and honey-ish. The leaf stuffs easily and lights up in one go to please the smoker with a creamily smooth, mild smoke that still has a very nice and full taste; sweet, with a very slight note of vanilla and honey, and a hint of spice provided by the Black Cavendish.

The room note is beautiful; light, sweet and lingering, a true pleaser.

Unfortunately, like many other aromatics, this 'baccy turns bitter and tarry towards the end; I have not managed to smoke even one bowl to the very end.

I admit it: I am spoiled by having smoked many truly great blends recently. Otherwise, this would get three stars. As it is, I am missing punch, and I had to re-light a few times too many for a blend that I can't smoke down to the bottom.

I still recommend heartily to the light aromatics smoker: it's not bad, just doesn't fill my needs at this time.

Braed Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Braed (18)
Mild to Medium Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

When you open the tin a lovely smell comes out. The tobacco smells so good. It burns very slow and cold. There are no tongue bites. The roomnote is very pleasant. It is an aromatic tobacco which is not overfilled with aroma. So it is a tobacco also for non aromatic smokers. Personally I love natural tobaccos more. So I don't know if I should recommend it or not. For me, I won't buy another tin of this tobacco. I do more prefer the DTM Sweet Vanilla Honeydew.

Mild to Medium Medium to Strong Medium Pleasant

Bentley-Virginia Honey Dew.

The unlit smell is quite a fair split between honey and vanilla. I can't really pick out any bourbon, the two additions make for a sort of caramel note.

Mine's from a sample bag so I can't comment on a sealed tins amount of moisture. Either way though, the tobacco from my baggie is good to go!

It packs and lights well and I do enjoy the smoke; there's quite a full aromatic taste albeit it's not harsh or sticky. It's smooth and tasty. Unlike the smell I can detect a kind of delicate bourbon flavour but that may be how my palate perceives the collaboration of the vanilla/honey..

I struggle to detect much of the Virginia's natural flavour. I think the sweetness combined from the Black Cavendish, vanilla and the honey are too heavy to allow much of it through.

Throughout a bowl, the burn's good. I have to give it the occasional tamp but it doesn't need much attention from the flame.

I don't feel there's much nicotine in this. The strongest it gets is maybe medium if I really draw hard. Other than that it seems pretty mild. Mind you, that's my taste, we all vary for nicotine!

I enjoy the room note. It seems quintessentially aromatic!

This is a good aromatic, I'm sure many folks would love it. I enjoy it a fair bit but it would be too sweet for a regular addition to my rotation. Glad I never bough a full tin!

Definitely worth three stars though.

Recommended.

Pipe Used: Peterson Sherlock Milverton

Age When Smoked: Two Months

Purchased From: GQ Tobaccos

NobbyR Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
NobbyR (77)
Mild Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Pleasant

There's no denying that this is an aromatic. The sweet tin note smells intensely of vanilla, but only slightly of honey, and there's no tobacco scent at all. The mixture of red and golden Virginias and Black Cavendish comes as a fine ribbon cut, which makes packing and lighting your pipe quite easy.

At first there's only the sweet taste of vanilla with maybe a slight aftertaste of honey, which I find hard to identify, and some tart creaminess from the Black Cavendish. About halfway through the bowl the sweetness abates a little to give room for some tangy notes from the Virginias. The tobacco is not as temperature sensitive as other aromatics, but only a cool smoke will give you the full pleasure of its flavors. It burns down evenly to some gray ash.

The room note is sweet and pleasant.

Pipe Used: Jeppesen Ida Bent

Purchased From: www.cigarworld.de

Similar Blends: Bentley The Royal Vanilla.

Deimitori Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Deimitori (10)

This is a very nice aromatic pipe tobacco. It has a pleasant taste and surely will be a good choice for aromatic pipe tobacco friends.

The tobacco seems of a good quality and it burns nice without great effort. When you light it and it gets started it goes on nicely. Nice honey and light bourbon vanilla taste gives a very nice smoking. The room note is pleasant, I felt no tongue bite. Virginia tobaccos of good quality and Cavendish tobacco with a spicy taste that is adding interesting character in this blend.

I believe aromatic pipe tobacco lovers should give a try to this good aromatic blend.