Notes: Blending Tobacco.

Blend TypeCigar Leaf Based
ContentsBurley, Cigar Leaf
Strength
Taste
Full, Very Full
Tolerable, Very Strong
2.5
GabrielCRT Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
GabrielCRT (73)
Medium None Detected Full Very Strong

C&D Chopped Cigar Leaf - Pennsylvania Broadleaf cigar wrapper tobacco chopped into a ribbon cut. PA Broadleaf is a powerful, earthy, semi-sweet tobacco. It offers coffee, brown sugar, and barnyard (in a good way) notes. It smokes dry and cool. I have only smoked it in cobs in fear that it would ghost a briar. This tobacco should blend well with other tobaccos maybe Latakia, Burley, Virginias. Smoked straight however it is enjoyable on its own. It's essentially smoking a cigar in your pipe.

Pipe Used: Cobs

Purchased From: Smoking Pipes

Similar Blends: Cigars with a PA Broadleaf Wrapper. J. Fuego Americana, AJ Fernandez Diesel.

Medium None Detected Very Full Tolerable

It has been a couple of years since I've posted any C&D blend reviews and I have smoked nearly 100 tins of their various offerings in that time. So, it may be awhile before I get to all of them.

Okay, now who wouldn't want to try this blending compilation straight? I split a bag with a friend and when he sent me my share I loaded up. Yuck! Okay, so all was not lost, right? I added about 30% of this Burley/cigar leaf to 70% Dunhill Royal Yacht (Murray's era and one of my favorites). Yuck again! So, anybody want some really dry Chopped Cigar Leaf?