Each plug is sealed in its own sealed stay-fresh pouch. Remove the plug and simply push the tobacco out of its casing and into your bowl! Each plug is sufficient to fill a standard, large sized bowl.

Von Eicken Pipe Tobacco plugs are a convenient way to transport and store pipe tobacco.

BrandVon Eicken
Strength
Taste
2.0
Medium Medium Medium Very Pleasant

I just purchased a box of Von Eicken's plugs containing 4 different offerings. Piccolo Vanilla Black Cavendish was the first I tried. I really liked the packaging and convenience of loading these plugs - very easy. The plug appeared all dark to black in appearance. Lighting was a breeze and I got a very pleasant whiff of what reminded me of the aroma present in Captain Black White when someone else is smoking it. This managed to stay with me throughout the smoke. The vanilla taste was pleasant and remained throughout the smoke (interesting that the Vanilla flavoring in their all Vanilla plug vanished shortly after lighting up)! There seemed to be another taste while smoking - almost minty, like a Girl Scout chocolate thin mint cookie. It didn't burn hot or produce any gurgle for me. The only drawback I found was a bit of harshness to the smoke at about mid bowl. Not too great of a turn-off, but ever present. This is the only drawback preventing me from giving it a mark higher than "somewhat recommended." An occasional revisit only. I will be reviewing the other sample offerings in due time. 2 stars.