Our special house blend with a pleasant aroma from a delightful blend of flavors.

BrandTinder Box
ContentsCavendish
Strength
Very Mild, Mild, Mild to Medium
Taste
Very Pleasant, Pleasant

sagesmoke Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
sagesmoke (14)

This came in a boxed set with 3 other Tinderbox aromatics I bought in 2004. I'm not big on maple flavored anything so I am sure I am biased towards this one. The maple casing was powerful in the pouch and when smoked left a pleasant room note. The smoke, on the other hand was just awful and left an overly sweet maple smell in my pipe. I dumped the rest into the fireplace. This was NOT for me but as I stated, I am biased towards this type of flavoring.

PlaneGuy Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
PlaneGuy (6)
Mild Very Mild Mild Very Pleasant

I noticed that this tobacco starts off very flat, but the flavor builds as you smoke it. The result is a pleasant, mild aromatic. Not as good as Wilke's Vermont Maple, or McClelland Townsman Cavendish, but pleasant none the less.

incoinnu Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
incoinnu (6)

A nice aromatic with mild flavoring and a great room note. Priced well and readily available.

Chatsworth Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Chatsworth (52)

The maple smell does show up in the smoke. A very pleasant smell and taste. 2 matches for the bowl. I dried this out for 11 hours on a paper napkin as it was moist out of the pouch. Lots of clouds of smoke. A wet bowl cleanup and a bit of bite.

huffnpuff Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
huffnpuff (44)
Very Mild Mild to Medium Mild Very Pleasant

Honey maple is one of those tobacs that the wife tells you to smoke more often ,so I smoked it till it was gone and the guy that sold it to me ran out so I have to wait. It does burn the tongue if you smoke to fast so patience is key to succeed in the burning session. Big wiffs of maple and honey for the honey of the house and I will buy a pound next time .

huffnpuff

jshrader13 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
jshrader13 (16)

The thought of honey and maple makes my mouth water, and since I love aromatics, I had to give this one a try. I was disappointed to say the least. I think the perfect aromatic is one that's not exceptionally wet, has a pouch aroma that smells like what it represents, smokes well, and has at least a hint of flavor in the smoke.

Honey Maple was in the ballpark in moisture content, being dry enough straight out of the bag to pack well and not leave any sticky residue on my fingers. The pouch aroma is very pleasant, but I can't detect anything that smells like honey or maple in the blend. It smokes very well, stays lit, and doesn't leave the bowl wet or gurgling halfway through like some other aromatics I've tried. There's definitely a hint of flavor in the taste and the smell of the smoke, but again, I'm not getting honey or maple out of it. It's hard for me to discern exactly what flavors it might be.

Overall, I'd say this one is not bad, but it's not what I would reach for wanting an aromatic. If I tried this blend in a blind taste test, I'd never guess this was called Honey Maple. I give it two stars, primarily because of it's lack of flavor and uninteresting qualities.