Three Virginia's combined with Latakia. All in the correct proportions. Smooth traditional English blend.

BrandB&B Tobacconists, llc
Blended ByDavid Barnes
ContentsLatakia, Virginia
Strength
Mild, Mild to Medium, Medium
Taste
Phonomet Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Phonomet (44)
Mild to Medium Very Mild Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

I just made another trip to Asheville and, as usual, stopped by B&B's. Their house blends have really impressed me so far (OLB and Scott's companion). Country Gentleman is another lovely blend. This is a very Virginia forward English. The latakia is used as a condiment and lets the sweet and and sour VA's sing. Surprised that I'm the first to review this tobacco. It needs some more attention!

This North Carolina tobacco shop has always had nice house blends. I am not sure which company made Country Gentleman for them but it was a nice easy Latakia/Virginia combination that came only in bulk. Who knows, they may still be offering it. I smoked this one in 2011 and although a little lighter and less smoky than I prefer my English blends, it had a nice flavor for an even better price. Not a lot of depth, but when smoked slowly, offered a nice, almost delicate English presentation.

Appalachian Chef Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Appalachian Chef (52)
Medium Very Mild Medium Pleasant

I'm very fortunate to have B&B Tobacconists in my area. I went in today to pick up a new blend and found this one to be delightful. I typically smoke aromatics, but found this traditional English blend to be very good. The Latakia is very light and subtle, while the Virginia is up front and splendid. I'll keep this for when I'm in an English mood, and will continue supporting my local artisans. Well done, gents.

Pipe Used: Falcon Genoa