If you're a lover of Latakia blends, you need to give this one a try. 50% Latakia, over 30% Virginas, with smaller amounts of Turkish and Cigar Leaf make this a smoky and sweet choice that is both tasty and smooth. Your destination for Latakia enjoyment should be Latakia Junction.

BrandJohn Patton

3.6
SMOKETSES Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
SMOKETSES (208)
Medium to Strong Very Mild Mild to Medium Tolerable

I like Latakia (as known) and Rich from 4noggins suggested to try this mixture, containing 50% Latakia, 30% Virginia and several other Oriental tobaccos, plus a taste of cigar, that adds a peculiar and sweet taste that I like. It is coarse cut, exactly as I like it, and it burns slowly. Its moisture is perfect, to light it up right away and enjoy it till the end. Its nicotine level is very good, as I don't burst from it and I can smoke it all the time. However, my opinion is that it does not contain as much Latakia as promised by the mixtures blender, John Patton. I will surely re-order it, and soon, as the 2oz sent to me for tasting are swiftly ending.

Big Creek Country Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Big Creek Country (2)
Medium Mild Medium Tolerable

After reading some reviews on the website, I ordered some of this tobacco. I really have enjoyed it. I believe it could be an all day smoke. I've smoked it on the way to work in the morning along with a big mug of coffee. When I get to work I'm ready to go. I've smoked 8 or 10 bowls of this so far and just ordered another 8 oz. for the future. Really enjoyed smoking it over the 4th of July while fishing in a country farm pond. Didn't catch many fish, but sure enjoyed the smokey campfire flavor of this tobacco. I'm just a novice smoker, but I'm really enjoying this Latakia blend. Pick up some soon and give it a try.

Lombard65 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Lombard65 (48)
Medium None Detected Mild to Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

Wonderful blend, perfectly balanced, full, round, with a sweet mellowness that makes the smoke very nice. For lovers of the mixture, I recommend it absolutely.

Five stars!!!

Medium to Strong None Detected Full Tolerable

If you like Latakia, this is for you. The Latakia in this blend is top notch and along with the VA and orientals, it offers a very sweet full taste. However, I felt the Latakia was a little over the top on this one. Too much of a good thing. In the pouch, it is a mix of brown and black flake and has the leathery, smokey aroma of Latakia. It comes somewhat dry but not too dry and it did light very easy. Right off the bat it produced the dark smokey flavor one would expect by the name but sweet and rich. It smoked down all the way to the bottom to a dark grey ash. The room note was very strong and distinct and would chase off all but English lovers. But at the halfway point, it was so heavy in Lat that I could taste nothing else and it grew fairly harsh. I think this would have been a great blend if the VA content had been upped a little bit and the Lat content reduced somewhat. I did enjoy the smoke enough that I have to recommend it to Latakia lovers, but as I think it could be improved upon, I don't give it the highly recommend rating.

Funn Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Funn (14)

This is the only blend I've smoked w/cigar leaf where it's very very subtle. Normally blends w/cigar let me know instantly of it's presence. This mixes in so smoothly w/the latakia the blend is mild in strength. I can exhale this through my nose with very plesant results. This is creamy in a burley type of way without the burley. I can smoke this all day.a perfect marriage of everything. The latakia is there but it's not beating you over the head. Am enjoying this in a Great Dane Spool but have had it in a Peterson Billiard also & it passes the test admirably. It builds in strength as it's smoked but it's never over the top. Really a great tobacco. Good with morning tea or night time reflections. Give it a try..you'll love it. IMHO

Introibo Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Introibo (45)
Medium Strong Very Full Strong

Another outstanding blend from John Patton, creator of Spyglass, Moe's Confetti and other blends that I have ordered but have yet to sample.

This is a very full tasting Latakia blend. The Turkish and Virginia are there, and come to the fore about half way down. This one burns quite slowly, and rushing seems to spoil it, as there are so many flavour combinations in store for the careful smoker.

I would rank this with Nightcap and other Latakia-heavy blends, but others may disagree. It reminded me a little of Stokkebye's Balkan Supreme, but again, others may disagree.

I will certainly be buying more of this, and long may John Patton be around to give us these splendid mixtures.

DLT Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
DLT (8)
Medium Mild to Medium Medium Pleasant

I really like thus tobacco, from its flavor, to its strength, and for its delightful Latakia content.

The tobacco is very easy to get along with, is not fussy, and once the burn gets going, it is a mellow smoke indeed, with a pretty fair nicotine factor.

I am a regular Nightcap smoker, but this one, for me, at least, will become a regular smoke for me.

Darned good tobacco, at a reasonable price!