Tu vuo fa l'Americano, eh? Then try this mixture. We take a base of crumb cut Burley and spice it lightly with stoved Cavendish, orientals and Latakia for an American Style "English" blend. Richer in Latakia than the old Barking Dog.

BrandWatch City Cigar
Blended ByErnie Q
Blend TypeAmerican
ContentsBlack Cavendish, Burley, Latakia, Oriental/Turkish
Strength
Extremely Mild
Taste
Mild to Medium Extremely Mild Medium Very Pleasant

Someone added this to the database before me but neglected to review, and mine is the first? Ernie Q's take on the American English with this burley-forward cut plug mix with an old time OTC bag aroma, latakia very noticeable but to the rear. A little extra sweetness from the very lightly sweetened Cavendish. Old timey flavor as well, and does remind me a bit of Barking Dog, although they don't taste the same. The burley here is of better quality and the latakia is a hair more prominent as well as smokier tasting. This one doesn't bite, either, and more aggressive puffing doesn't make it lose its cool; it just makes the latakia recede further to the rear and the burley more upfront. Those who miss the original Barking Dog should check this one out as a richer, more flavorful alternative (but again, not a match... although the so-called "matches" out there fall well short).

American Englishes are not really my thing, and C&D's Epiphany is the only one in my rotation, either regular or occasional. This one is a fair bit better... more cohesive, tastier and more user-friendly. As such, it bumps Epiphany from my occasional rotation, although it may be because Epiphany has changed moderately since I first discovered it. Americano is an excellent example of the American English and reminds me of days gone by. Ernie Q has captured the essence of this style very well, and smokers who have avoided checking out Ernie's blends do so to their own detriment. This guy has definitely won me over! I won't smoke a ton of this but when I want a purebred American English, this is the one I will reach for.