Extra mild without bite. Cavendish method. Natural imported and domestic tobaccos.

Notes: Dream Castle/Super Value pipe tobaccos are manufactured by Sutliff Tobacco Company.

BrandDream Castle Tobacco Company

2.3
mtitus83 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
mtitus83 (9)
Mild Very Mild Very Mild Pleasant

The buttered rum was my favorite of the blends I have so far (until I had BCA) but the two of these I think are very similar in nature. The Buttered Rum is a nice smooth smoke with just enough flavoring to not be over powering and its another that leaves a great room note. Some of the notes I picked up on from the taste were of mild vanilla and cherry but not enough. If you are looking for something smooth with subtle flavors this should be right up your alley.

Pipe Used: Dr. Grabow Omega (Briar)

Age When Smoked: 2 Weeks

Purchased From: J&R Cigar; Selma NC, USA; www.jrcigars.com

Similar Blends: Lane Limited - BCA.

Tom Servo Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Tom Servo (58)
Mild Medium Mild Pleasant

Got this 1.5oz pouch as a complimentary extra with an order of tobacco from pipesandcigars.com. The freshly opened pouch releases delicious aromas of baking cookies, hot rum cake, rich vanilla frosting, and melted butter mixed with graham cracker crumbs. I'm not kidding, this stuff smells great. I don't however smell any trace of the tobacco.

Packs easy, Lights well. Smoke starts out sweet, rum and vanilla are present but not overwhelming. The tobacco comes through barely, mild and muted. The flavoring is persistent through most of the bowl, and tastes fairly pleasant. The end of the bowl sweetens with caramelizing sugar, quite pleasant with the vanilla in the background.

Better than your run-of-the-mill drugstore blend. But generally, too mild, too weak, too boring. It's obvious this is lower grade leaf like most bargain aromatics, but the casings are pleasant and don't taste quite as chemical-like as most bargain blends.

OK -- but I won't be buying anymore, it‘s a little tiresome. There are too many tastier tobaccos out there. I did eventually finish the pouch though.

Bjorn Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Bjorn (4)

I do enjoy this pipe Tobacco I like the mildness of it. There is little to no tongue bite and it keeps a good moisture for the begginer pipe smoker I think that it is an excellent start.

macbeth Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
macbeth (17)

Super value? But only if worth smoking. There are way better Buttered Rum to waste time with this one. Seeing how I have 12oz, I plan to doctor the blend. I'll update when I come up with a mixture. Got to let it dry out a bit. Bitter. Needless to say I won't be buying another bag of this stuff. It has a pleasant pouch aroma and also a pleasant room note.

Update: I mixed with Tinderbox Wilshire. Wilshire is a ribbon cut Cavendish mix. It's better this way. Still, not ever buying Super Value again.

Another Update: I gave more than half the bag to this guy I see at the smoke shop. He dried it and mixed it with chopped up packing tobacco from out of a cigar box. Drew Estate's Acid line. It smelled like strong vanilla blend and he throughly enjoys it. Go figure! LOL