A refined Scottish cake in the traditional broken form, orange and lemon Carolinas naturally sweet and complete flavor. A quality light bodied tobacco for every occasion. A terrific all day smoke. Mild Virginia.

BrandBufflehead
Blended ByDavid Windsor
CutKrumble Kake
Strength
Taste
Pleasant, Pleasant to Tolerable

A very unique presentation of leaf in crumble cake form. It is not really unusual for most blends but for a Scottish blend, it sure was. I'm not sure how the cut enhanced the overall presentation but it did. Just a marvelous stroke of genius by the blender. The light Virginia leaf had just the right burst of flavor from top to bottom of each bowl. I only purchased one tin and smoked it several years ago. And, one more thing I put in my notes was that this blend, for some reason, had a bit of a bite.

Pipestud

Young Piper Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Young Piper (300)

Update: Bufflehead tobacco's are no longer available at any price so my personal recommend rating must go down 2 stars because even if you found a tin, the price you would pay would be too great.

I have waited for my bulk bag to arrive for review. Large yellow and orange flakes. I loved the sample so much i ordered enough to age in a couple of ball jars. This blend tastes like orange/honey barbeque with that tangy aroma in the bag. Just like King Eider it has a nice leather like feel. Ever so enjoyable. I'll always have this on hand.

* Update - Today is 3/27/05 Easter Sunday and i opened one of my Ball Jars that was dated 1/2004. The tobacco has some sugar crystals on the flakes and has lost all of its bite. I smoked two bowls this morning without fatigue. Age certainly makes a wonderful virginia even better. I will order more tommorow so i have for next easter. ~Great stuff this Wood Duck