A rich blend of imported and domestic tobaccos. Smooth vanilla flavors. Long cavendish cut. Superbly aromatic with no bite, guaranteed mild and pleasing.

BrandBlender's Gold
2.0
Young Piper Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Young Piper (300)
Very Mild Mild Mild Very Pleasant

I have lived in close proximity to a Walgreens whether it was on the East Coast in NJ or recently in Las Vegas so I am very familiar with Blender's Gold. Years ago they were cheap, PG laden, dollar an ounce mess that did do in a pinch when I was in need (or a poor college kid). Now that I am older and can afford what I want, I see these BG tins now having replaced the large bags so I buy a tin of Rich Vanilla. Wow the PG level is wayyy down and the quality of leaf has greatly improved. 1Q aroma and not sticky to the touch. I am liking Sutliff's transformation of BG and will try the other flavors in this series. I really like to support my Walgreens because if my B&M closes and internet sales are nixed, at the very least I can grab a tin of BG Natural Cavendish and smoke a decent Burley blend that mixes with any Black Cav... (I'm a simple easy to please guy)

Mild Medium Mild Very Pleasant

The vanilla taste is why you buy this. Well, that and the price being very reasonable. There's no real tobacco flavor here, but if you want a decent all day mild smoke, it will do. Makes a decent mixer. Dry it first or expect dottle. Even dried, you'll have some moisture in your bowl because there's a fair amount of PG present. Has virtually no nicotine. Won't bite or get harsh. Burns a little slow with a consistent flavor, and needs some relights. Has a pleasant after taste.

BROBS Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
BROBS (47)
Mild to Medium Medium Mild Tolerable

This stuff burned my mouth. Like seriously burned the roof of my mouth to where it bled when I brushed my teeth. Felt like sandpaper in there. This almost has put me off pipe smoking. I even dried it on parchment for a good while and it seemed a good smokable moisture. Didn’t taste too great but not bad, tasted chemical and sizzled... much like other Sutliff products I have tried. I will give the rest of the pouch away. There are way better OTC pipe tobaccos like Sir Walter Raleigh Aromatic, Half and Half, etc that don’t have the chemical Propylene Glycol sizzle, taste, or burn. Room note mainly cigarette. Save your money and buy something decent. Unfortunately this has completely put me off all Sutliff products.

Pipe Used: Missouri Meerschaum Cob

Age When Smoked: From the pouch dried a goodly bit.

Mild Mild to Medium Medium Very Pleasant

I bought this on a lark, was in the store buying some antibiotics after having a root canal today, and having never bought a Blenders Gold Blend before, had a sweet tooth and thought "what the heck". It was just over $12.00 for a large bag and I really thought it would be a cloying aromatic and thought I would try it and if it was bad just throw it away. but I was reallt surprised! It was actually very good. It was a ribbon cut, mostly burley blend with a vanilla topping. but it was very mild with no bite and a rich vanilla flavor. What really surprised me the most was it was not too wet, burned very well and left no goop in the bottom of my pipe. It burned all the way down without relights and had a great room note and a very good taste. Sometimes we are surprised. I am normally not a vanilla smoker but this was one of the best I have had in this gender. A great blend when among non smokers and one I will keep around for when I get a sweet tooth. Try it, it will surprise you. At least it did me.

BlueTomorrow Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
BlueTomorrow (15)
Very Mild Strong Very Mild Pleasant

This was my first-ever pipe tobacco and I thought at first that I liked it. Now that I come back to it, though, I'm realizing that it just isn't a very pleasant smoke. For reference, mine was the version that comes in a gold-colored pouch.

The vanilla topping is heavy-handed but I guess that's to be expected given the name of the blend. It's far too moist out of the pouch; I got some really nasty spitback a few times while smoking this before trying to dry it out. There's an unpleasant tangy note to the flavor. The vanilla topping lasts for at about half of the bowl before it turns into something pretty tasteless.

If you aren't careful, it'll bite due to how moist it is. The smoke it produces is thin with little mouthfeel. There's zero nicotine hit to be had here. The one plus is that the room note is quite pleasant. Overall, I can't recommend this.

Corn cobs and briers Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Corn cobs and briers (6)
Extremely Mild None Detected Extremely Mild (Flat) Unnoticeable

Not my top choice..but like all tobacco if dried proper and smoked smooth...it can be enjoyed. That being said the tin note is of pop corn and butter very stomach turning. Good mouth feel but very very bland flavor. Overall its not the best line in blenders gold.. I can only say its a good tobacco to buy all the tins to have around for emergancy or blend the flavors creating your own cocktail.

Master of Bag End Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Master of Bag End (2)
Mild Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

I bought this as my first pipe tobacco when I first started smoking pipes. Mainly because it was so cheap at around $13-16 for it. When I first tried this tobacco, it was extremely wet. At the time though, I didn't know much about pipe smoking and smoked it like that. Talk about major tongue bite! As well as it having a type of ammonia like quality to it when retro-haling. And I don't know if it's just me, but it doesn't really taste much of vanilla. It is sweet overall which I don't mind too much but still tasted like tobak. So, I started pipe smoking at around 18-19 and I'm 21 now. And I've still yet to actually finish it all haha. Mainly cause I don't smoke very often. It was somewhat smokable after allowing it to dry almost a year and now, almost 2 it's a lot better. I still have half a tea tin left of it but by now, it's not too bad to smoke and is somewhat enjoyable. I'd recommend buying something different though. I'm just too cheap to throw away tobacco.