Mild pipe tobacco with some herbal notes.

BrandVauen
3.2
CTS Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
CTS (109)
Mild to Medium Very Mild Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

Pleasant, easy-going blend that delivers earthy, nutty, woody flavor notes. When sipped and retrohaled, it delivery a semi-sweet, savory mushroom flavor. Interestingly enough, it hints at what sensory specialists in the food realm describe as"umami" - a Japanese word - translating to a pleasant savory taste . Methinks some very good base tobaccos and creative blending may be at work here - if you can be patient enough to enjoy it. Strength builds as you work through the bowl - and yes, Lady N and Latakia are pleasantly present, neither overpowering. Goes very well in a cob, stays lit on one light, clean bowl. 4* for one of the most unique tobacco flavors I've ever encountered.

Pipe Used: Dedicated MM

Age When Smoked: No tin date or stamped code.

Purchased From: P&C

krg1000 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
krg1000 (132)
Mild Mild Medium Pleasant

I picked up a tin of this at the local B&M. The clerk suggested it to me since I am into English blends. One of us was misinformed and the other was misled. For what it is, this blend is a nice little concoction, just nowhere near an English blend in my book. The components come together nicely. It lights and stays lit with little effort. It burns down to a fine ash at the bottom of the bowl. The moisture level is very good upon opening the tin and is fine straight away. Just not much in the nicotine level I like. I would say that I would recommend this because of its altogether good presentation and smoking qualities.

Strong Very Strong Very Full Very Pleasant

I bought this tin of tobacco because I am a huge Led Zeppelin fan and I liked the label. I also do like some of the Vauen blends I have tried.

I smoked this blend without reading any reviews and the label on my tin does not say what's in it but just says "Smooth and Cool". Puffed very slow you might say this is true, but puffed with any aggressiveness and it can be a little hot smoking. I detected the cherry vanilla based flavoring right off but I also detected another flavor that took me the better part of the tin before I figured it out. It has latakia in it. It is a very interesting blend and I did go through the tin rather fast. I enjoyed it but not enough to buy it again.

It comes at a nice moisture content, can smoke it right out of the tin. I liked it better after a day left open though. The tin note is very sweet and pleasant with the cherry vanilla coming right through. The latakia does not as it is in the background. It loads in the pipe very easy and it lights up after the rise of the first attempt. It does however need to be relit several times while smoking it. It burns right down to a light gray ash leaving some dottle in the bottom of the pipe but little moisture. You get the taste of the cherry and vanilla right off with just a hint of the latakia coming through. The room note is too die for, my wife thought it smelled a little like blueberry's. The smoke get's richer as it burns down, ending up quite strong but not cloying. My only real issue with it is my check got heavy while smoking it. The smoke from this is very heavy. I did enjoy this and it is an interesting aromatic. It is worth a try for aromatic smokers but I can't give it my top rating because of the heaviness of the smoke and the fact it does burn a little hot.

Pipe Used: briar, cob, meer

Age When Smoked: one month after recieving it

Purchased From: PipesandCigars.com

Similar Blends: nothing I have tried..

Alex Rodrigues Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Alex Rodrigues (1)
Medium Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Pleasant

Liked the look of tobacco and aroma when I opened the can. Burning is good I did not need to let it dry, you can use straight from the can into the pipe. As for taste, I felt notes of walnuts, hazelnuts and almonds that appear underneath the vanilla flavor base. A woody tone good for winter or even better in the fall. You can smoke enough that will not bite your tongue, even if you pull like hell, believe me. Thanks for reading this review and good puffs.

Upon Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Upon (13)
Mild Strong Mild Tolerable

Acquired for smoking in the matching pipe. In spite of the friendly ribbon cut the results were worse yet than with other tobaccos that I've tried with the torpedo, the record time without relight being around sixty seconds. For evaluation purposes I've thereafter used a number of more, eh, regular pipes.

The tobacco emits a strong Irish Creamy note. Definitely both vanilla and cherry in the casing. Surely we've all smoked a hundred bulk aromatic blends similar to this. Nothing distinctive here. The manufacturer's sticker mentions Carolina Bright, Old Belt Virginia, Kentucky, Black Cavendish & Syrian Latakia.

Trying to figure out what's so masculine about this tobacco the closest I've come to is a fire dept. Smoked in even the slightest breeze of wind the tobacco tastes of nothing but a sun-burnt rubber hose. I imagine those are common at the fire station, therefore masculine. Supported by the fallic tin art for sure. But hey, I learn lads wax their chest hair nowadays - eventually a tobacco without any nicotine to speak of is masculine as well.

There is no way I can finish the tin. Fortunately there is still room in the gallon jar that I dump all the tobaccos I get from the mother-in-law for Christmas in. When the world runs out of tobacco I'll still have that jar to go to.