Mild black Cavendish sprinkled with brown Virginia and pure vanilla flavor for a gentle smoke.

Notes: This was an Atlas Blending Corp. mixture. Cornell and Diehl bought the rights of all their old recipes.

ContentsBlack Cavendish, Virginia
FlavoringAlcohol / Liquor, Vanilla, Whisky
Strength
Taste
Very Pleasant, Pleasant, Pleasant to Tolerable
Ibitz Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Ibitz (4)

I've tried a few C&D blends and have been a bit disapointed. Not bad, but not anything to write home about. I found this to be a bit harsh. Maybe it's just me. I like a pleasant smoke. If I want something harsh, I'll drink cheap scotch.

The Keeper Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
The Keeper (112)

Another very soft and flavorful aromatic by C+D.

This blend is what I believe many drugstore packages aspire to be. It would be perfect for an introduction to someone looking to taste pipe tobacco and avoid the artificiality of the big name brands.

The taste of the VA and Cavendish comes through very clearly. The bottom of the bowl picks up some strength and a bit of bite and sourness if not smoked with care. A grassy predominance creeps in late in the smoke, hinting at a touch of burley either within or in addition to the Cavendish.

The entire smoke is smooth and provides a delicious vanilla odor sure to please others in the room. While present in the taste of the smoke, I find the casing to be very mild...almost in the background of the tobacco.

Black and Tan Cavendish may not make my regular rotation simply due to the huge number of other tobaccos I've developed a liking for. But that is not at all reflective of the quality of the leaf or blending provided by C+D in this blend. Both of those are qualities are very high.

SFC/E7 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
SFC/E7 (93)

Being a connoiusseur of the aromatic tobaccos I find this one in the top four.

I smoked this in an Erik Nording #16 Hand Cut Pipe with great results. The aroma of the Vanilla is very mild as that with the taste of a gentle sweetness. The aroma will be enticing in a room environment without the overwhelming of a sickening sweetness.

I do recommend as with any aromatic to smoke this very slow to not only deter tongue bite but to enjoy the tobacco itself.

This is a great tobacco blend that I enjoy and could smoke all day long.