This delightful Blend consists of golden, reddish and dark Virginia sorts, delightfully refined with Brown and some Black Cavendish. An irresistible aroma of sweetish white wine generates a wonderful smell.

BrandPeterson
Blended ByKohlhase, Kopp & Co.
ContentsBlack Cavendish, Cavendish, Virginia

2.9
willigeo02 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
willigeo02 (3)
Mild Medium to Strong Medium to Full Pleasant

My tins been unopened for almost 4yrs until now. I found it on line and figured "what the hey". It was SUPER dry. Go figure... These blends are not sealed. It burns hot, so I pack it loosely, and smoke it really S-L-O-W. I love the full aero flavor and the liquor flavor it has. The smoke smells great and adds to the flavor. I can't smoke it daily, because my mouth can't take the abuse. It's still a great Limited Edition tobacco and, one of my favorites. I've "rehydrated" it, which mellowed the bite and made it more enjoyable. It'll be a sad day when it's all gone, but the jar will soon be filled with the 2012 Special Reserve.

Big Nick Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Big Nick (72)
Mild to Medium Medium Medium to Full Pleasant

This blend is simply delicious!!! In fact, I would say it was one of the top three Peterson aromatic blends, IMHO of coarse. Great fruity aroma, excellent tobacco flavors, smoked dry and clean to the bottom of the bowl. Peterson aromatics can be bitey, but with a little drying time, for me, this one had NO bite at all. Like I say, very rare for Peterson. Except for the Xmas/New year blend (I have a tin ready to open) I've smoked all of the Peterson aromatic offerings, these are my top three(no one favorite).

Special Reserve '06 , Special Reserve '09 , Connoisseur's Choice

Oh ya, with all due respect to our brother john1179,

I FOUND THIS BLEND TO BE ONE OF PETERSONS BEST OFFERINGS !!!

The Persian Slipper Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
The Persian Slipper (29)
Very Mild Medium to Strong Very Mild Very Pleasant

This blend was a dissapointment, and especially painful because of the price. This tobacco was too tempramental. It took a god awful amount of time to light and was horrible at staying lit. Out of the tin, it is much too wet and needs drying (about 15 minutes). This tobacco bites when you do more that sip the most gental amounts. I really expected more of the Peterson Special Reserve blends.

john1179 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
john1179 (10)
Mild Strong Very Full Pleasant

I FOUND THE THIS TOBACCO TO BE ONE OF PETERSONS WORST,THAT I HAVE TRIED. IT WAS VERY MILD AND HAD VERY GOOD ROOM ROOM NOTE, BUT SEEMED TO HAVE ALOT OF BITE TO IT. THE TASTE WAS OVER BEARING. FLOWERS! ALL I COULD TASTE WERE FOLWERS NOTHING ELSE. I DO SMOKE MAINLY AROMATICS, BUT THIS ONE WAS NOT FOR ME. I COULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS ONE, ALTHOUGH THE TIN IS VERY NICE.

Very Mild Very Strong Full Very Pleasant

This is a top quality aromatic blend with a wonderful fruity and sweet tin aroma,the aroma is the same as Sunset breeze with strong amaretto flavor, the smoke is floral and mild

I am an occasional heavy aromatic smoker, I do enjoy the “sweet candy” flavor and the positive reaction from people nearby me, that's what pipe smoking, is all about.

lvpipe Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
lvpipe (13)
Mild to Medium Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Pleasant

I do not do many reviews although I would like to start doing more of them. I generally stay clear of aromatics. This is an aromatic obviously. I went to the local B&M today and purchased this and the Peterson 2009 Holiday Blend. I loaded a Jirsa that has prevoiusly only had GLP Union Square and Solani 633 in it so the taste was sure to be true.

The tin aroma is pleasantly sweet of vanilla and cherries. The taste after it is burning is very much the same. There is to me still somewhat of a high quality tobacco taste. Aromatic smokers should like this very much as well as the non-aro smoker who enjoys a sweet dessert once in a while. Usually as sweet as I can handle is the PS Flakes or Annie Flake. I did enjoy this and look forward to working on the tin. My SO when I returned said I smelled of cherries, she likes the scent of Pirate Kake on me better.

Captain bob Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Captain bob (38)
Mild Medium to Strong Medium to Full Very Pleasant

The first Peterson blend I reviewed was Sherlock Holmes and was "Not Recommended". This is different. It is a delightful and unique aromatic that is right up my alley. The presentation of this quality blend is exceptional. The true test is not in presentation, but in the bowl of my pipe. I prefer to write a review with my first impression while smoking a new blend. If necessary, I edit at a later date. My first impression is usually my best written review of a new experience.

I can taste tobacco and enjoy the aromatic enhancer. I smoke English, light aromatics, non-aromatics and flake tobacco's. While my taste range is broad and my experience is pushing 47 years of pipe smoking, I know immediately when I don't care for a blend.

The various factors consisting of presentation, tobacco cut, moisture level, quality of leaf, blend ingredients, flavor enhancers and burning characteristics all meet with my approval for SR 2009. I like it and I am enjoying it.

If you want to try a "premium aromatic", this one is unique and worth your while. The flavor is not wine to me but more of a slightly sweet, cotton candy. But, please don't pre-judge the words "cotton candy" if you are not a fan of such. As with many of the most popular aromatics available, they are typically complex with numerous flavor agents, unidentifiable because of the combination which remains a protected secret of the Blender.

Make no mistake about it, this is a quality aromatic pipe tobacco that should please a discriminating aromatic smoker and those around you.

Eusebius Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Eusebius (2)
Very Mild Mild to Medium Mild Very Pleasant

This is a great tobacco. When opening the package, it smelled it bit like perfume to me, but when lit it revealed itself as a very balanced and mild tobacco.

BobB Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
BobB (19)
Mild to Medium Medium to Strong Medium to Full Pleasant to Tolerable

I like Peterson tobaccos. They have quality throughout. That said, we have so many tastes, they seem to try to reach new levels, a lot of which I don't care for. Back after a few years without a pipe until last November 08, I've had to relearn a few things. I have never had a floral tabacco that I can remember in my life. This tobacco is FLORAL. Extremely unique in my experience with the flowery scent from the tin and the burn. I don't notice much 'wine' aroma from the tin or taste. Fairly dry from the tin, it burned consistent throughout the bowls. One caveat, My five tins were not vacuum sealed and will have to be containered.

Pretty tin, unique aroma and flavor and really interesting to me right now. I'll rate it three stars for uniqueness and for the fact that it doesn't seem to offend. This is going to be a fun one people. I think many are going to be happy that it's limited. I'll finish mine and be happy I have an "Island Selection".

balmoralstamp Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
balmoralstamp (2)
Medium Strong Overwhelming Pleasant

Just bought this 5 days ago and smoked two pipes with it. The reviews seem to be axagerating till now. But I simply find this mix much to sweet. Too much perfumed and I have difficulty in smoking this dry. I think I go back to my favourite Skandinak Exotic.

Dov of the Galilee Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Dov of the Galilee (22)

I really enjoy these Peterson Special Reserve products the 2006 became my every day smoke till I couldn't find it anymore. This one is a light smoke suitable for being around most non-smokers. It burns well with little maintenance and I think it is well balanced between an aromatic and a mature smoke.