With the aroma of Currant. Fruity and highly aromatic. Mildly and spicy.

BrandMcLintock
2.5
english fox Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
english fox (6)
Mild Medium Medium Pleasant

i thoroughy enjoyed this .nicely packaged in a convenient tin for slipping in the pocket .tin aroma was lovely and fruity and you can taste the slightly acidic but sweet notes of blackcurrant through the smoke .i am testing lots of brands having returned to pipe smoking after a long absence and this was a successful purchase which will become one of my regular standbys .i recommend you try this and im sure you wont be disappointed .

Withnail Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Withnail (16)
Mild Medium Mild Pleasant

I do like aromatic blends and have enjoyed several of the other McLintock blends. This one was a little different. On opening the tin the aroma is more synthetic than the other blends I have tried. Whilst the tobaccos themselves are nice enough, the casing is too sweet for my taste. I also found that, although the tobacco wasn't too damp when I filled my pipe, the last third of the bowl became quite damp on several occasions. The steam produced towards the end of the smoke made it easy to burn the tongue and seemed to take a lot away from the taste.

A tobacco for those of you with a sweet tooth.

Mild to Medium Medium to Strong Very Full Very Pleasant

I found this a very good tobacco . Upon opening it I was greeted by a beautiful blackcurrant fragrance which was very enticing . I have wanted to try this for ages and was not disappointed with it at all ! Upon lighting it I was hit with the most prodigious fruit flavor which stayed full for the whole pipe long . I found no tongue bite either . It also gave a pleasing room note which gained applause from all those around me ! Very satisfying and definitely an aromatic to buy !!

Pipe Used: Peterson

Purchased From: Smoke King

viscfab Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
viscfab (81)
Mild Medium to Strong Mild Strong

Heavily cased and syrupy artificial aromatic. Smells like ice cream topping for kids. Yuk. Not a decent tobak in my opinion.