Rich dark chocolate taste with a vanilla finish, the customers have said it is very mild, with a whiff of chocolate aroma. Easy on the palate.

BrandBoswell Pipes & Tobacco

3.4
Stutter818 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Stutter818 (51)
Mild to Medium Very Mild Very Mild Pleasant

The smell of this in the bag was the yummiest of all tobaccos I've smelled. I'm very new to pipe smoking, and I have tried blends other than aromatics and aromatics, and enjoyed them. But I really didn't get any taste smoking this in a brand new corncob pipe. I had smoked Dunhill Early Morning Pipe in the morning for the first time and loved the flavour of that and the taste left with me afterward, and was excited to try this new boswell blend later in the afternoon. Again, the smell and the room note was pleasant, but I couldn't really detect any good flavours. I see it is super popular so I will definitely give it another go. I absolutely loved No Bite Delight the other night though! That was is definitely a favourite (hopefully it wasn't just that night!)

But again, Boswell Chocolate Cream - mildly sweet smoke and room note, slightly bitter in the mouth near the end of the bowl.

-- UPDATE -- smoked in a boswell pipe with some coffee and lower expectations, and I am enjoying it so much more a month later. Sipping helps to prevent it going bitter. I get a little more chocolate this time, but still looking for a real chocolatey tobacco for a treat. But I am liking this - upping the stars up one!

Pipe Used: Missouri meerchaum morgan / Boswell Bing freehand

Age When Smoked: New / 1 Month old

Purchased From: JM Boswell

PipeLover Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
PipeLover (16)

Love this blend. It has a very nostalgic aromatic room note. As soon as I took a whiff memories of my old pipe smoker grandfather and uncle came pouring in. They must have been smoking something with a chocolate casing I guess. Very very pleasing room note, best out of all tobaccos I have ever tried. Very easy smoke with no bite detected, and I was puffing fast just to get more smoke to smell.

I must say I can actually taste dark chocolate when sipped slow to medium. Usually with aromatics you can only smell the casing but with Chocolate Cream you can taste chocolate, which makes this blend a perfect after dinner smoke.

Smoked it the day I got it on the mail. Filled the pipe and let it sit there for 15 minutes. Lights and stays lit to mid bowl, then one relight.

Why is it that some big tobacco companies spend millions and put out crap tobacco, but some mom and pop stores can whip up AMAZING blends?

All you (us) beginners try this blend, you will get hooked. I did. Will be ordering a pound of this before tobacco taxes go up.

PuffPuffKeep Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
PuffPuffKeep (8)
Very Mild Medium to Strong Extra Full Very Pleasant

A bit of nostalgia hits me smoking a bowl of Boswell's Chocolate Cream. I'm reminded of childhood cereals like Cocoa Pebbles, Count Chocula and Cocoa Puffs. F'n amazing!

I may never eat a chocolate bar again. A bowl of Chocolate Cream is equally as satisfying. It's very mild so you can smoke this stuff all day everyday. Burns nice and finished with a soft white ash.

puff puff keeping this one around.

Northern Pipes Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Northern Pipes (22)

The scent from the bag hits you in the face. Extremely strong smell that is reminiscent of chocolate milk to me. The smell has emparted itself into my tobacco pouch and is still there several weeks later even though I've had other tobacco's in there. So the scent from the bag is a little much for me however, the tobacco itself is fantastic. It's a great smoke, pretty flavourful and smells amazing while being smoked. It burns cool, and is a great aromatic. If you like the sweet/dessert flavoured aromatics, this is definitely one to try, and at about 3 bucks an ounce, you can't go wrong.

Piper4ever Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Piper4ever (11)
Mild to Medium Medium Medium Very Pleasant

I love this blend from Boswell P&T, actually is my first BPT blend and I've got impressed with the taste and the quality of this tobacco, burns well and there is not any end of bowl bitterness is simply an outstanding blend for those who love dark chocolate, enjoy it.

Wrangler Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Wrangler (16)
Very Mild Extremely Mild Very Mild Very Pleasant

This tobacco is, to my tastes, 1Q with a little chocolate flavor added to tantalize anyone in the near vicinity. Smells great in the baggie it came in but offers nothing in regards to flavor for the smoker. Very bland! Very mild! Those who smoke aromatics only may have a very different opinion though. If you're forced to smoke something that has a pleasant room note as ordered by your significant other, this may be the blend for you but not for me.

Stinkypipe Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Stinkypipe (156)
Medium Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

I find many so called aromatics give you lots of aroma but very little taste. This Boswell blend has a nice balance of aroma and taste. Stays sweet throughout the smoke. Burns fairly cool if you sip and don't puff. Room note is outstanding. I get chocolate of course but also a bit cream and coffee from time to time. This will bite ya if you don't keep it slow. I have always felt all aromatics should be smoked slowly and sipped. You get much more flavor by sipping than puffing an aromatic. This is a well above average aromatic. Boswell seems to offer some of the best mixtures out there. This is no exception.

Pipe Used: Figliolli

Purchased From: Www.boswellpipes.com

footlooset Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
footlooset (23)
Very Mild Mild to Medium Medium Very Pleasant

This is a very mild tasty treat. No bite, nice room note, and the taste of real cocoa and chocolate. If you like aromatic mild tobacco you'll like this blend.

Pipe Used: Corn cob

Purchased From: Boswellpipes.com

TXBulldog Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
TXBulldog (74)
Very Mild Mild Mild Very Pleasant

This is another fine Boswell offering. The chocolate note comes through easily as you open the pouch. It lights well and isn't goopy. No re-lighting needed. You don't get a casing effect upon lighting and smoking this aro. It has a nice even tone and a slightly sweet nuance which is enjoyable. It's not over the top in any way. You can smoke this blend at any pace - I smoke this stuff like a locomotive and draw as much from it as I can. Doesn't get too hot - no bite. Has a great room note others will certainly enjoy. This stuff is really smooth and enjoyable. If I had to reflect any shortcomings it is the lack of the tobacco influence/nuance pulling through. If that's the other side of the aro experience you are looking for, you may find it comes up short in that way. But it's straight up cavendish and you should probably expect that if you are ordering this up. But, it's a great, smooth aro and an enjoyable experience nonetheless. This is a nice smoke for a change if looking for something smooth, silky, and pleasant on the palate. This is a great smoke if you are a beginner or to recommend to a beginner. This is the tobacco version of a good mocato to a wine conneseur. One could turn one's nose up to it, or simply recognize it for what it is - a great offering for the place it holds in the tobacco genre. Tastes nothing like Cherry Bon Bon by PS, but has the same smooth, silky, soft experience that cavendish also provides.

Pipe Used: Rossi, Red Point, La Strada

Age When Smoked: 3-6 mos

Purchased From: Boswells

Mild Mild to Medium Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

I had a relatively small sample of this that I just recently completed. It was sent to me by a forum friend. To start with, I have discovered that I am not a fan of smoking chocolate as none of the chocolate blends I have tried have struck my fancy. This was no different; however, I found the topping to be light. This was actually good for me, since l like my aros lightly topped.

The unfortunate thing for me is that I know little about how this was stored or how old it was. I am not sure whether a light topping was intentional or the effect of storage in a bag or some other container that would cause a topping to flash sooner rather than later.

On to smoking it. There is a chocolate flavor to it and maybe a slightly floral taste as well. It seemed that the chocolate was not the sole flavoring at work. When I got in the last third I started to pick up some good burley flavor. I never had that feeling of smoking hot air while smoking this one.

Based on the unknown provenance behind what was sent to me and the performance of the smoke, I am giving this one three stars, but personally would rate it at two as chocolate is just not my thing in pipe tobacco.

Autumn joy Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Autumn joy (48)
Mild Mild to Medium Medium Very Pleasant

This blend is just pure chocolate all around. An aromatic by Boswells who really never disappoint. This blend in the bag just smells like pure chocolate ready to be eaten that is if you enjoy chocolate. The tobacco was easy to light and keep lit. The flavor was strictly chocolate it was a solid chocolate tobacco. I'm normally not a big chocolate person, but this will get some attention from me and not be cellared away with some of my other blends. Also if you smoke indoors it's a great one to have because a day later you will just smell the chocolate and no real tobacco scent can be detected. Overall another solid aromatic for people who enjoy them.

Pipe Used: Royal Danish 689

Purchased From: Www.boswellpipes.com

larrjlion Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
larrjlion (3)
Medium to Strong Very Strong Full Very Strong

Awesome! Strong taste of dark chocolate from midway through to the end. Only 3 relights. A good Brazilian coffee with it in the morning and a nice Merlo in the evening and it is like a dependable girl friend. In fact my neighbor got a whiff of the aroma. I lent him a pipe and he is now a casual pipe smoker after trying a few bowls. I have only been pipe smoking for 3 years but this blend and Mississippi River are the best I have smoked yet.

Pipe Used: briar

Purchased From: boswells

ski2liv Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ski2liv (16)
Very Mild Extremely Mild Very Mild Pleasant

Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate... it's there before you even open the bag, gets stronger when you do open it and comes out even more when you smoke it. Good room note, but not great. Good flavor, but not great. A little too mild for my liking. It's not overwhelmingly flavored and sweet like some other Boswell's blends. Maybe I didn't cellar this one well enough... but it's very flat. I don't get an great tobacco flavor nor a great casing or topping flavor. I like to have one or the other and this has neither in abundance. It has a nice dark chocolate sweetness, but it's not overpowering. It's still a great cool pleasant smoke with a nice room note, but I'll probably stick to some of the other Boswell's blends.

Pipe Used: Favorite Grabow Bent Bulldog

Age When Smoked: 1 year

Purchased From: Boswell B+M visit

wekers Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
wekers (14)

I dont know, the feeling is neutral when smoke this blend, i think is a good aromatic without doubt, fullbodied cream taste and nice flavor. bite a little little a tongue, but do not bother. sincerely i haven't enjoyed. Well 3* stars.

Mild Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

I enjoy everything from ropes and plugs to English blends and VaPers as good tobacco is good tobacco. This my friends is good tobacco, which is no surprise as Boswell's makes some great aromatics. Chocolate Cream is made from good quality base tobaccos and the Chocolate comes through in the smoke very nicely. There is no goop at the bottom of the bowl either. Highly recommended for chocolate loving aromatic fans or if you need to satisfy a sweet tooth as this is a sweet one to say the least!

Aromatic fans, rejoice! This is as fine an aromatic as I have ever had the pleasure to smoke. Truly a tobacco taste... yet, with Chocolate (deep and dark) essence that I found to be absolutely delicious.

You don't like aromatics? I think you just might like this one.

pipesmoker33 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
pipesmoker33 (18)
Mild Medium Mild Very Pleasant

I was a little disappointed. Still a very nice tobacco. Really nice room note. It burns a little to hot for me though. A nice bedtime smoke. Pouch aroma is very strong. I would recommend storing it sepertly form your other tobaccos.

Bazsup Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Bazsup (13)
Mild Mild Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

At the current time this is my favorite tobacco. I have been hesitant to try a chocolate tobacco for fear that the casing would be too heavy. I was wrong. This is delicious from the moment you open the pouch to the last draw of the bowl. It is rare that a tobacco tastes as good as the pouch aroma. For me this did it.

No bite, no moisture problem. I have been looking for the aromatic of my dreams for 25 years now and I may have just found it. I hope the next pouch is consistent with the first.

UPDATE - This has fallen to number 2 on my favorites lists. Still enjoy it in the rotation.

roadkill0000 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
roadkill0000 (23)
Very Mild Mild Very Mild Very Pleasant

this review is just to keep track for myself mainly, less intended as a serious in depth review. Just to keep an eye of what ive tried and what I like, with quick notes about it. alot of these notes are from memory, and I will update the review as I continue smoking them.

I wanted to like this alot. but I got mostly hot air. i prefered bobs chocolate flake. but, this is not a bad one. it was more of a straight chocolate then bobs chocolate flake, but a little more mild. i kinda wanted more.