The same unique wild cherry flavor used in Cherry Jubilee on an all black Cavendish base. All of that sinfully rich taste, and none of the calories.

ContentsBlack Cavendish
FlavoringCherry
Strength
Taste
2.4
p.Holloway Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
p.Holloway (8)
Medium to Strong Medium to Strong Full Very Pleasant

I'm very fond of cherry aromatics so I had to see what C&D offered. This is certainly one of the better cherry flavor tobaccos around. The tin note is very strong (in my opinion). It has a sweet & tart tang that may remind you of tart candy. I find smoking this slowly produced a much longer lasting flavor. When smoked too quickly it bites and the flavor becomes almost non-existent. So if your looking for a good cherry this is one to consider.

Pipe Used: Peterson Calabash, Dr. Grabow Duke

BaconandTobacco Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
BaconandTobacco (15)

Not bad,not great. Has a hint of cherry flavor and is a creamy smoke. Tastes somewhat like a weak cherry cordial.

DBE1 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
DBE1 (6)

Smoking it right now, best cherry tobacco I've found.

Chatsworth Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Chatsworth (52)
Strong Strong Full Strong

This is a very pronounced cherry flavored aromatic. Flavor lasts till end of bowl. Of the C&D aro's this one is the most strongly flavored and is really in your face with the cherry.

BBlevins Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
BBlevins (102)

A decent cherry tobacco in bulk. Far better than the drug store variety cherry blends and yet nowhere as good as Karl Erik Private Blend #16. It pretty dry in the bag, doesn't particularly bite and has the taste and smell of black cherry. No tobacco flavor, but perhaps it's not supposed to have any.

Latakia Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Latakia (67)
Very Mild Mild to Medium Mild Pleasant

The last of the C&D sampler. Nothing special Black cavendish with a cherry coating. Beautiful aroma in the tin and also in the room but felt it was too mild. Burned well and not too gooey or wet. Will not go out of my way to get another tin when this is finished.

Baskerville Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Baskerville (1)

For those that gave this a bad review I just don't understand!? When I opened my tin I was hit with a strong aroma of Cherries! This tobaco packed and lit easily and stayed lit throughout the bowl. This is a mild tobacco with a great taste of Cherries and held the flavor and aroroma to the very last puff. It smoked to a fine grey ash. I highly recomend this if you like a mild smoke with greata flavor! I give this four stars!!!!

fjaramilloa Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
fjaramilloa (2)
Very Mild Mild Mild Pleasant to Tolerable

With all due respect to the fellows who condemned this blend, I have enjoyed it a lot. Easy to smoke, not very hot, and with a delightfull and sutil casing that certainly is cherry. I love aromatics as much as English and other blends: each one has its time and mood. C&D Black Cherry is a textbook aromatic and a very good one.

rattler Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
rattler (9)
Extremely Mild None Detected Extremely Mild (Flat) Tolerable

If you buy a cherry flavored tobacco should it not taste like cherries? Well this stuff tastes like NOTHING. It's like smoking hot air. It does not even smell like cherries in the pouch! This is the absolute worst tobacco I have ever tried which is saying a lot. Boo C&D for producing this rubbish.

joseph Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
joseph (46)
Extremely Mild None Detected Extremely Mild (Flat) Unnoticeable

No cherry taste (or even smell) whatsoever. Only black cavendish, seems as if the casing was forgotten. After 3 terrible bowls I just threw this "tobacco" away.

supersmoke Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
supersmoke (12)
Extremely Mild None Detected Extremely Mild (Flat) Unnoticeable

Very dissapointed with C@D over this. One of the worst tobaccos I have ever had.I smoke all types of tobacco, English, Virginias Aromatics and I would like to think I am objective enough to know quality tobacco and this is bad.

No flavour or taste of cherry or anything, burnt to char within a few minutes, did not satisfy and gave me a bad throat. C@D make good tobacco there is no doubt, but this stuff is dire.Worse than Rattreys Terry Red. Sorry C@D, if I could give no star at all I would.

Grampa,how any Pipe Smoker can give this 4 stars I do not no, each to his own I suppose ! Cheers

Big Blue Jazzman Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Big Blue Jazzman (32)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Overwhelming Tolerable

I have tried 15 or so C&D blends. Most are really good. This one is horrid. Threw it away after two tries at smoking it. Try the apples and cream or very berry, as they are 100% better.

zimmy Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
zimmy (6)
Very Mild Mild to Medium Extremely Mild (Flat) Pleasant

This one most folks will grow bored with quick.

While it is the mildest smoke I have ever had, it is also a bit flat. The cherry aroma is strong in the pouch. Upon lighting, it is not very detectable. This one does not ever get harsh or bitter. Just the same taste from start to finish.

If you are looking for a hardly aromatic that is super mild, this one may be your ticket.

I probably won't reorder once my sample is gone.

Zone Smoke Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Zone Smoke (199)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Awhile back, I was commenting on how much I enjoyed SG Top Black Cherry and the fact that it's smoking qualities were far superior to other cherry blends I have tried. I don't recall who it was, but someone recommended C&D Black Cherry as having those same qualities that I liked in the GH version at half the cost.

Well, they were correct. In fact, C&D is better than Top Black. Same smoking characteristics and an even more natural cherry flavor. No bite whatsoever and no goop. It's perfect.

Thanks, Craig. This stuff rocks.