Reviews: 82091 Tobaccos: 7126What's NewLoginRegister

Mellow Cavendish and yellow Virginia with the flavor of wild cherries.

Notes: This was an Atlas Blending Corp. mixture. Cornell and Diehl bought the rights of all their old recipes.

ContentsCavendish, Virginia
FlavoringCherry, Coffee, Whisky
Strength
Extremely Mild, Mild, Strong
Taste
Mild to Medium, Medium, Medium to Full
1.7
Mild to Medium Strong Mild to Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

Cornell & Diehl - Cherry Jubilee.

Customs, they play my life like a harp from hell! Import surcharge: £44.00, approx. 60.00 USD. It's my own fault, I guess, as I adore trying new blends and posting reviews so much; plus, like it says on my profile, I had a head injury so can't fill my day like 'normal folks'! I don't mind a big surcharge when the blend/blends are worth it, but Cherry Jubilee isn't.

The blend comprises just a few bigger ribbons, most of it's a shag; see the picture. One of the previous reviewers, now deleted, mentioned it smelling like cherry lifesaver candy. I'm guessing that's the same thing as Tunes cough sweets in the UK as they're the first thing to spring to mind!

I'm unsure about the description. Although it states cherry, coffee, whisky, I can only taste cherry as anything added. The aromatic strength is where my review differs to the two previous reviews. I get a ton of cherries: cheap, nasty, sour, astringent, cherries. These are the only flavour until the final third, from here the tobaccos give more taste; not a bad flavour, but it's a long time to have to wait. A further 'insult to injury' are the mechanics: it burns hot, has the speed of lightning, and bites like crazy. The final misery comes when a bowl's finished: get some mouthwash ready or you'll be tasting sour cherries until the end of time!

Nicotine: just below medium. Room-note: not bad, I suppose!

Cherry Jubilee? Cherry aromatics are regular feed for newbie pipers, but if this were the first blend I piped I'd never have smoked again! Not recommended:

One star.

Pipe Used: Chacom Robusto

Age When Smoked: Two months

Medium Extremely Mild Medium to Full Strong

Upon arrival, my sample smelled strongly of cherry lifesavers candy.

I kept the pouch sealed, and tried some one month later. Almost all of the cherry note had disappeared. Neither pouch note, actual smoke flavor, nor room note held the slightest cherry aroma.

What truly surprised me was the god-awful taste that was produced upon smoking. A VERY bitter and strong/harsh tasting smoke. None of the Cavendish and Virginia flavor that you would expect. Just acrid smoke.

I had so looked forward to this one being a sublime, non-goopy aromatic. What I got was a sack full of goat hair.

Mild to Medium Mild Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

I have made a certain discovery about my pipe smoking and Cornel and Diehl. You can't not try everything. If you think you don't like aromatics, and therefore don't try them...Well in the immortal words of Bruce Lee " Like a finger pointing at the moon- don't stare at the finger, or you miss all that heavenly glory..." Alright enough of that.. So on a whim I got Cherry Jube....And the stuff is great. Great burley and virginia flavor- with only the smallest taste of cherry. But the room note smells like a cherry orchird. Thats scores with my wife and daughter- and me too. Med nic hit, Great taste. Fantastic watching tv blend in the eve with some hot tea. Cornell and Diehl aromatics are not to be underestimated.