An all natural blend with double fermented Virginia, Burley, Cavendish tobaccos and Syrian Latakia.

BrandPlanta
ContentsBurley, Cavendish, Virginia, Latakia
CutShag
Packaging40g Pouch
Strength
Taste
Full
Tolerable to Strong

3* Good tobacco, but too rough in the second half of the bowl

Poppy Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Poppy (23)
Medium to Strong Medium to Strong Full Pleasant to Tolerable

The package of this tobacco don't really attrack you at the beggining. A box should be better. This tobacco is free of agents inside. But you can feel different aroma very pleasant. For me it's better than DMM 965, cause less expensive but with egal quality !

4 stars !!!

Medium None Detected Full Strong

Having tried Image Virginia, Image Latakia delivered more than I expected. This tobacco's got a few idiosyncrasies: first, it's quite dry in the pouch, and since it has no conservatives, it dries quickly after you open it. Putting a humidor inside the pouch or another humidity conservation method is almost a must, unless you smoke the whole pouch in two days.

Second, if this is not a combination of Image Virginia and McConnell Pure Latakia, it feels like it. Image Virginia is overly mild, and Image Latakia tastes like diluted Latakia. In fact, if you wanna know exactly how Syrian Latakia tastes like, this is the tobacco to smoke. Sure, you can also smoke Pure Latakia on its own, but most of us don't find it enjoyable. Image Latakia is not as monotone, yet it resembles the taste.

Finally, the mildness of its Virginias make this baccy very straightforward: a good choice for somebody looking for a "Latakia fix", not so for the fellow looking for complexity. There is none of it here.

A simple, reliable smoke.

mo Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
mo (79)
Medium to Strong None Detected Full Tolerable

I have had many run ins with Planta. Its one of a few imported blends we have available in South Africa.

I remember being on a Latakia binge when i got this from my tobacconist. It was in a jar and sold as bulk.

The one thing that got my attention was the tangy taste the previous reviewer describes, i think it worked very well against the smokey Latakia in the mix.

All in all a good blend and worth buying. I find the tangy taste attractive and it sets it apart from the many Latakia mixes in the world. The only other tangy Latakia mix would be ' English Blend' by the same company i think, or was it Karl Erik??? I cannot remember as i write this but will update when the brain is working again.

Mo,South Africa

Medium to Strong None Detected Very Full Tolerable to Strong

Since I was the one who requested this tobacco, I thought I should be the first to review it. This blend was another one of my fine acquisitions while on Holiday in Lithuania. I found myself in the largest shopping center "Akropolis" in the capital Vilnius one day. While strolling the mall I came upon a small pipe shop with this very interesting blend on its shelf. I had never seen or heard of this blend. When I inquired about it the clerk said it is very strong. SOLD!! This is a true Knock your socks off blend! It only states LATAKIA on the package. When I opened it the aroma was heavenly. VERY Pungent Orientals and a healthy dose of Latakia. This blend that comes in a plain blue and white pouch is a rival to any of th great Dunhill, Wilke, or Peretti Mixtures on the market. At first light you will be greeted by a full frontal assault of Orientals and Latakia. There is Virginia in the blend but stays way in the background.This is the Tangiest English blend I have ever smoked. It is so full and rich yet gentle on the palate. The flavors meld together in an almost Latakia/ Oriental chocolate cupcake. It is a very fine shag cut. Looks a lot like Cigarette Tobacco. Burns evenly and cool. The smoke leaves you craving more.Not for the timid. Nicotine Punch is not killer but the flavor is! Great stuff! 4 stars!