A tender and pleasant pipe tobacco that does not burn your tongue. Filling your pipe with Vanilla Choice is very easy, just as it is very easy to smoke even for less experienced pipe smokers. Vanilla Choice is a loose cut blend of golden Virginia, the modern Mac Baren Cavendish, tempered with a unique Burley. Experience this smooth and cool smoke with an exciting vanilla taste and room note.

BrandMac Baren
1.8
cigarcohiba Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
cigarcohiba (22)
Mild None Detected Extremely Mild (Flat) Unnoticeable

A plain tobacco. No surprises. Probably ideal for beginners.

onurturker Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
onurturker (6)
Very Mild Medium Mild to Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

this stuff and other mac baren 'choice' pouches is very mild and it is not for pipe smokers who have an experience.Burns fast and have an ideal humidity.May be diffrent taste for beginners

Desmond Miles Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Desmond Miles (1)
Medium to Strong Mild Mild to Medium Tolerable

In summary:Does not taste good...It does not smell good..Not too strong, so is suitable for beginners

Dov of the Galilee Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Dov of the Galilee (22)
Medium to Strong Medium to Strong Medium Strong

I'm being ruthless on this review because I think that there must be an end to calling things aromatic when they are not. When a fella buys Vanilla anything that's what he wants, same goes for cherry or whatever grabs your fancy. That's my beef with this- you open the tin and it smells like many other Mac products Plumcake comes to my mind. Then there is the smell of it burning , I don't it as the smoker and no one gets it as a inhabitant in fact 'take it outside' is the request. I think the world of Mac Baren products and have smoked them for over twenty years now but I just wish that aromatics would deliver that syrupy smell that the name promises otherwise stick to something else entirely,

keremgulermen Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
keremgulermen (10)

Mild and aromatic choice in Mac Baren. Generally found it everywhere. Not good, not bad but you may smoke at out of tobacco times.

Pipedoctor Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Pipedoctor (9)
Mild Mild to Medium Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

Mild, decent aromatic. It's kind of halfway between vanilla cream, and stanwell vanilla imo.. Give it a try if you like vanilla aromatics

macpuffer Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
macpuffer (17)

after trying the MB vanilla loose cut, i thought i would give their flake a try......for me compared to the loose cut something was missing, couldn't put my finger on what it was but after i finish this tin i will be sticking to the loose cut version in the future.

ynrozturk Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ynrozturk (40)
Mild Medium Medium Pleasant

After giving Original Choice a fair chance, I thought I'd give Vanilla Choice one, too.

I really like Mac Baren's Vanilla Cream. That tobacco, when smoked properly, is pretty sublime. While I prefer Va/Per's, I do enjoy an aromatic from time to time, and when I do, I like vanilla.

This is pretty much similar to Original Choice, just with vanilla. Not really a bad thing. While it doesn't burst with flavor, you get lots of thick clouds of smoke to play with. It's an easy going, relaxing smoke which requires little to no attention, and goes great with coffee. People will love the room note.

It's a bit artificial tasting, sure, but not so much that it bothers my quite sensitive palate. And for the price, I just have to give it three stars. Hard to knock it for what it is because where I live, it's the same price as Captain Black White or Royal - and I'd much rather smoke this.

Pipedawg Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Pipedawg (16)
Very Mild Strong Mild to Medium Tolerable

While Original Choice is a very decent aromatic, this is probably the worst of it's kind I've ever tasted. And believe me, I have been going through plenty of Paul Olsen's My Own Blend and Mac Baren aromatics, so I know what's bad and what's really bad.

Smells good, as any ol' aromatic, maybe a little too artificial even for the fans of these cased baccos.

Burns nice though, but tastes like some sour cream-cheese with a very weird taste of vanilla, lemon and cumin crackers. Nauseating to the point where I just couldn't go any further. The first tobacco I've ever thrown away.

I'll never understand why the danes are so crazy about aromatics like this one. I absolutely love the more natural aromatics like SG 1792 or Porter House. Cavendish can be a very delicious thing, chemicals cannot..

Try the more natural sister from this series called 'Original Choice', now that's pure sugar and Cavendish for you.

ELF Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ELF (40)
Mild Mild Medium Very Pleasant

MacBaren,has been in the tobacco game for many years. Have tried"all"Macb's products(Pouch,Tin,Bulk);Some I prefer more than others...this one is probly my least Fav'rte. This tobacco was a product that was'invented from the outside-in'..not the'inside-out'. Macb's did a spot on job of developing"Original Choice"which was FANTASTIC+one of the"Best Crowd Pleasers"I've ever filled my pipe with...//Macb's took Original Choice+added some Vanilla--a pinch more Cavendish;and you have Vanilla Choice//Macb's took Original Choice+added some Cherry--a pinch more Cavendish;and you have Cherry Choice. The reason i don't care for Vanilla Choice is;it smokes hot(big,small,loose or tight)and the casing flavor hangs off the Tobacco,is not Melded to the mix. -*- But"do try"Macb's Vanilla Cream;if Vanilla is Your Thing...Please don't blame me if you can't afford golf-green fees,because you've spent all your loot on Vanilla Cream. :+)