Three burleys meld to give you an aromatic that will put you in mind of those cherry-flavored candy apples from the 50s & 60s

BrandJohn Patton
ContentsBurley
FlavoringApple, Cherry
Strength
Very Mild, Mild, Mild to Medium
Taste
Mild, Mild to Medium, Medium
Mild Mild Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

I am not usually a fan of this type of aromatic, but as I am a burley lover and John sent me a sample of this, I loaded it into a cobb for my before bed smoke. It is an all medium brown tobacco, has a sweet pouch aroma faintly like an apple, more like cotton candy. It loaded very easily into my pipe and let easily on the first light. I was rewarded with a very tasty burley flavor with a subtle sweet flavor of apple and sugar. It is like Middletons Cherry is to cherry blends, there but not the main act. But much less bite than Cherry Blend and much smoother. I smoked it down to the bottom with only one relight and it left a grey ash in the bottom, I never had any moisture. Very nice smoke in a cob. While not his best blend, it is very good for those that smoke cherry style blends.

Coffeecup Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Coffeecup (13)
Medium Mild to Medium Medium Very Pleasant

When I saw the description for Candy Apple, I had to try it, and I wasnt disappointed. I used to love candy apples when I was younger, and this tobacco reminds me of all the fun of the state fair. Just be sure not to dry this too much, or you might lose some of the wonderful flavor. The room note make it taste that much better.

krumpelman Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
krumpelman (10)

After perusing through my tobacco stash to see what the night had in store, I wanted something new to me. I came across Candy Apple from the John Patton sampler pack. As this was the first pipe of the evening I wanted something that wasn't to heavy before dinner and would prep me for a bowl later in the evening.

I packed this using the gravity fill method in a tall conical shape briar. The tobacco packed easily and lit well with no need for additional drying.

This blend has a mild burley flavor with a slight hint of fresh apple. Not overly sweet and one that would be hard to classify as an aromatic. There is no cavendish in this blend and thankfully no PG! Burly is the only apparent leaf here. Great tobacco flavor with occasional notes of clove and maybe some cinnamon. Nothing overpowering and burley is the main component and flavor.

I experienced a little bit of moisture at about half bowl, I have a hard time attributing this to the blend since I was also doing some quick remote access tech support from the computer for a few minutes and I tend to puff a bit harder when not paying attention. A pipe cleaner in stem resolved my moisture issue and I was on my way to the rest of an enjoyable bowl. I did not have any moisture issues the 2nd half of the bowl

This was one of the few blends I was able to smell the room note while smoking. Wonderful room note and no complaint from anybody that was around. The flavor is consistent throughout the smoke and I had no signs of tounge bite.

This tobaccos subtle flavor truly shines when exhaled through the nose. This will definitely be a blend to re-order and keep for those times where I just want something a bit different and just down right enjoyable. Highly recommended to any new piper or burley lover; or somebody who wants a enjoyable semi flavored smoke without getting into the typical disastrous aromatic blends.

Well done John!