A recipe handed down to the folks at Just For Him by an retired Arkansas tobacconist. A dark Cavendish blend with a touch of Latakia. Pressed into a cake for four months and topped with Drambuie liquor. Smooth and satisfying.

BrandJust For Him
ContentsBlack Cavendish, Latakia
FlavoringAlcohol / Liquor
CutKrumble Kake
Strength
Medium, Medium to Strong, Strong
Taste
Full
3.2
Jaybee Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Jaybee (77)
Mild to Medium Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

This is a unique and excellent aromatic. I'm actually a burley and latakia guy, but when I want an aromatic this fits the bill. This comes wetter than any tobacco I've ever smoked. I decided against drying, for fear of diminishing the flavor. For a tobacco this moist, the burning properties are quite good. I gave it an extremely light pack, as recommended by the good folks at JFH. Don't try this unless you want an unapologetic aromatic......if you do, it would be difficult to find better than this.

Pipe Used: Peterson Rosslare

Purchased From: Just For Him

CaptainEnormous Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
CaptainEnormous (17)
Extremely Mild Medium Extremely Mild (Flat) Pleasant

This stuff is most remarkable for being nearly devoid of flavor. There's the Drambuie casing, which smells fantastic and makes for a nice room note, but whatever tobacco they've put in here just gets lost. And I don't mean that the Drambuie is overpowering, I just mean that the tobacco base of this blend seems flavorless.

I see this same kind of problem with a lot of "store" blends. Milan Tobacco comes to mind. Where no matter how fantastic the topping or the presentation, there's just no real tobacco flavor going on.

I'm going to let my half-smoked pipe rest for a few hours. Maybe a re-light will bring some tobacco flavor back to this blend. But I kind of doubt it.

Mild to Medium Medium Full Very Pleasant

As unique and fine an aromatic as I've ever had the pleasure of putting into a briar. The Whiskey flavor is very noticiable and the Latakia plays peek-a-boo throughout the smoke. Stiff tobacco flavor all the way through the smoke. The krumble kake presentation makes this one easy to load and provides an even, cool burn all the way to the bottom. Only a slight amount of wet dottle at the bottom.

Medium Medium to Strong Full Pleasant to Tolerable

Not a bad aromatic, but nothing really exceptional in my book. The taste gets boring after a few smokes. I am told this is the biggest seller in JFH's store - ok, to each his own. After smoking Dusk, Shortcut To Mushrooms, and Whiskey Biscuit Gravy, I noticed an underlying similarity with them all. But with Dusk, the taste not only gets boring, but offensive after a while. Not a revisit for me.

Tallman Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Tallman (35)
Mild Strong Full Very Pleasant

I'm a big fan of the good folks at Just for Him, and like to go there and visit...and of course try their tobacco! I tried this one and was not disappointed. VERY pleasant room note, and the taste is almost that good. Just a hint of latakia-but just enough. If you like aromatics, and I do, this one will crank your tractor!

Medium Strong Very Full Pleasant

I would first like to thank BBlevins for his review. It was based on his review that I purchased this wonderful tobacco. I have said here many times McClelland based tobaccos ALWAYS taste better when being blended by someone else. Ashton, Bufflehead, and Just for him are perfect examples. This is an absolutely wonderful, sweet, and rich tobacco.I am a huge fan of Pipeworks@Wilke and Rich's. They respectively produce Bleeker Street and Woz. This falls into that category. A Bengal Mixture tasting tobacco. It is slightly wet but oooh soo Good! I cannot tell it is Drambuie but it produces such a distinct and unique taste that I really did not care. This is not your Typical Booze based blend. No Heat or bitterness or nasty residue. Extremely gentle to the tongue and deliciously ,almost addictively satisfying. Aside from the 2 above mentioned aromatics I cannot think of a better sweet smoke. This is definitely for the Candy Crowd . Ladies and company will love it and so will you. It delivers unprecedented flavor without the gurgle. Get some of this stuff and you will be a happy Aromatic smoker. Also, Please try "Whiskey Biscuit Gravy". It tastes nothing like Whiskey, biscuits ,or gravy . It does however surpass Shortcut to Mushrooms in flavor. This gets a full 4 stars!